Smart marketers know that marketplace insight is one of the most valuable benefits of social media. But knowing about social media research and actually conducting it are two different things.
Here's what you need to know to get started in social media research, according to the following Insights in Marketing infographic.
"Don't go into a social media market research campaign saying, 'Let's see what we find,'" suggests the infographic. "Instead, use it to test a theory or assumption."
Moreover, define the goals and objectives of your research campaign early. "This will help you separate useful data from useful chatter," states the infographic.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- A Timeline of Select Social Media Platforms [Infographic]
- How Effective Is Your Brand on Social Media? Here's How You Can Measure That.
- How to Plan Your Social Media Marketing: Four Tools for Approvals, Workflow, and Collaboration
- 21 Instagram Stats Every E-Commerce Brand Should Know [Infographic]
- Five Things Micro-Influencers Want Brands to Understand in 2019