Smart marketers know that marketplace insight is one of the most valuable benefits of social media. But knowing about social media research and actually conducting it are two different things.
Here's what you need to know to get started in social media research, according to the following Insights in Marketing infographic.
"Don't go into a social media market research campaign saying, 'Let's see what we find,'" suggests the infographic. "Instead, use it to test a theory or assumption."
Moreover, define the goals and objectives of your research campaign early. "This will help you separate useful data from useful chatter," states the infographic.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement
- The Paid Social Platforms Marketers Plan to Invest In
- How (and Why) to Humanize Your Brand: Author Carlos Gil on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Employee Advocacy Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- Social Media Visibility Has a Price: 7 Things You Must Do