You have only a few seconds to make a good impression with your LinkedIn profile. Here's how to create a profile that immediately captivates your audience.
Be consistent with your name, suggests the following Quill infographic: "Match your LinkedIn account name with the name you use on your business cards, email signature, and resume."
Also, add a professional photo. "Your photo should reflect your current age and should be a head-on picture of mostly just your face without a very distracting background," states Quill.
Moreover, use simple language and avoid buzzwords. Don't describe yourself as a ninja, wizard, or guru. Good words to use include "organizational," "motivated," "dynamic," and "extensive experience."
To find out more about creating a LinkedIn profile that gets positive attention, check out the infographic.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 10 Simple Tips and Tropes for Writing Engaging Social Media Copy
- How to Create Engaging Instagram Carousel Posts [Infographic]
- Set Your Marketing Ablaze: Ryan Stewart Talks Cannabis Marketing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Are Marketers Friends With Their Coworkers on Social Media?
- Top 5 Mistakes Companies Make on Instagram, and What to Do Instead