What to know this week: Facebook officially introduces Workplace, launches standalone event app; Snapchat introduces post-roll ads, plans for $25 billion IPO; American Express gets social for Small Business Saturday; five tips for building qualified leads on LinkedIn; and much more... Skim for your weekly dose of need-to-know social!
1. Facebook officially launches 'Facebook at Work' under a new name
The social network officially announced the global launch of its enterprise social network—formerly known as Facebook at Work—at an event in London on Monday. The long-awaited and long-tested product is dubbed Workplace and offers a unique mix of Facebook's News Feed, groups, Facebook Live, messaging, search, and trends for company networks that remain separate from users' personal profiles.
Workplace offers companies exclusive features as well, including analytics dashboards, identity providers that let organizations integrate the product with their existing information technology systems, and multi-company groups that allow workers from separate organizations to collaborate securely.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns