What the social networks chalked up this week: Instagram grabbed headlines with its latest push to satisfy brands' need to sell; Twitter introduced bots for customer service; Pinterest launches three new types of Promoted Pins; LinkedIn now lets you compare your salary; the co-founders of Vine change course with a new livestreaming app; Facebook adds Snapchat-esque effects and masks; ten ways to make Facebook your most powerful event-promotion tool; and much more…
Skim for all the biggest headlines!
1. Instagram paves the path to easy e-commerce with new features for brands
The Facebook-owned social network is taking a play from Pinterest's playbook and positioning itself as a place for users to not only discover but also eventually buy the products promoted on the platform. To do so, Instagram has unveiled new features (currently available to select partners) to help bridge the gap between discovery and purchase.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns