What inspires great love for a company?
Recently, Marketing Smarts podcast host Kerry Gorgone interviewed Brian Sheehan about the traits of a loved company. As author of Loveworks: How the world's top marketers make emotional connections to win in the marketplace, Sheehan discussed how successful companies can nurture love from their customers.
The following eight traits have the power to draw your customers into a deeper relationship with your company.
A loved company is one that...
- Is driven by purpose.
- Inspires people.
- Is emotional.
- Uncovers the truth.
- Builds movement across its customer base to spread their business.
- Is a creative leader.
- Has a rallying cry.
- Has mystery.
To find out more about how some companies exhibit those traits to their customers, check out my visual sketchnotes based on the Marketing Smarts podcast.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Choose a CRM That Employees Will Actually Use
- Why Delivering Live-Chat Support to Customers Is a Must for Your Business
- Personalization vs. Intrusion: How a Mix of Artificial and Human Intelligence Can Create Balance
- Niche Marketers, Is Your Customer Engagement Strategy Up-to-Date?
- Three Proven Strategies for Engaging Millennial and Gen Z Customers