Many of your sales reps struggle to meet their quota. In an environment where sales leaders must use existing resources to drive profitable revenue growth, sales teams are burdened to "do more with less."
Moreover, customers indicate that they are not getting what they need, so they are choosing to delay purchase decisions, disengage, and "go it alone."
When we take a closer look at why customers disengage, we find many contributing factors. One of those is the value gap.
According to the recent Qvidian's Sales Execution Trends report, 60% of buyers disengage because sales reps are not communicating compelling value. Moreover, an executive survey by SiriusDecisions found that, for the fourth year in a row, the top reason sales reps fail to make quota is due to sales reps' "inability to communicate value."
Sales and marketing teams need to work together to determine the knowledge, skills, and tools that will help sales reps more effectively communicate value to improve every buyer engagement.
Here are three ways that your sales teams can better articulate value to prospect and increase their ability to meet quota goals, accelerate sales cycles, and close more deals.
1. Mind the value gap
A whopping 71% of executives cite the "value gap" as their top issue for 2014, according to SiriusDecisions.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- CX Will Be Essential for Rebuilding After COVID-19: Four Steps You Need to Take Now
- Planning Your COVID-Related Communications: A Flowchart [Infographic]
- Three Tips to Turn Initial Conversations Into Marketing and Sales Relationships
- Five Things to Do Now With Your Customer Advisory Board During the Pandemic
- Five Tips for Strategic and Compassionate Upselling in Times of Uncertainty