Customer experience is becoming a huge focus across industries, and technology is playing a starring role in its evolution.
Technology is making everything more computerized and automated; nevertheless, customers are feeling more and more that businesses are listening to their individual wants and needs.
Why? Let's take a look at some hot trends in customer service.
1. Businesses are focusing on emotional intelligence to better understand and respond to customers
Put simply, emotional intelligence is the ability to relate and empathize with others, ultimately enabling positive interactions. That is not a new concept in business, as the business worldwide adopted Daniel Goleman's 1995 book, Emotional Intelligence. In fact, Goleman's principles are still the cornerstone of leadership courses around the world, and 20 years later, businesses as a whole (not just the leaders within them) are finally embracing emotional intelligence.
So, what does it take to be an emotionally intelligent business?
Businesses need to demonstrate that they listen to their customers and understand customers' wants and needs.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 'Disloyalty Programs': How to Fend Off Large Competitors and Build Customer Loyalty
- Eight Types of Online Reviewers, and How to Handle Them [Infographic]
- Three Ways to Use Customer Data to Deliver the Brand Experience Your Customers Want
- Consumer Trust and Privacy: The Marketer's Challenge in 2020
- From Physical to Digital and Back Again: Three Ways for Brands (B2C or B2B) to Stand Out