Customer experience is becoming a huge focus across industries, and technology is playing a starring role in its evolution.
Technology is making everything more computerized and automated; nevertheless, customers are feeling more and more that businesses are listening to their individual wants and needs.
Why? Let's take a look at some hot trends in customer service.
1. Businesses are focusing on emotional intelligence to better understand and respond to customers
Put simply, emotional intelligence is the ability to relate and empathize with others, ultimately enabling positive interactions. That is not a new concept in business, as the business worldwide adopted Daniel Goleman's 1995 book, Emotional Intelligence. In fact, Goleman's principles are still the cornerstone of leadership courses around the world, and 20 years later, businesses as a whole (not just the leaders within them) are finally embracing emotional intelligence.
So, what does it take to be an emotionally intelligent business?
Businesses need to demonstrate that they listen to their customers and understand customers' wants and needs.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Personalization vs. Intrusion: How a Mix of Artificial and Human Intelligence Can Create Balance
- Niche Marketers, Is Your Customer Engagement Strategy Up-to-Date?
- Three Proven Strategies for Engaging Millennial and Gen Z Customers
- Marketing in Controversial Markets: How to Build Trust
- Keep Consumers From Cheating on You: Foster a Community to Stay Together