Our attention spans are short. I mean, really short. How short? They're shorter than a goldfish's, which is nine seconds. We hardly can focus on something before becoming distracted.
Here are some alarming stats from the Center for Biotechnology Information:
• 25% of teens forget major details of their close friends and relatives.
• 7% of people forget their own birthdays from time to time.
• An office workers checks his/her email box 30X per hour.
• Typical mobile users check their phone at least 150X per day.
• 17% of website pageviews last fewer than 4 seconds.
So, basically, we forget who our friends are, when our own birthdays are, how to read more than 4 seconds worth of text... but we somehow remember to check our work email inbox all day long.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Choose a CRM That Employees Will Actually Use
- Why Delivering Live-Chat Support to Customers Is a Must for Your Business
- Personalization vs. Intrusion: How a Mix of Artificial and Human Intelligence Can Create Balance
- Niche Marketers, Is Your Customer Engagement Strategy Up-to-Date?
- Three Proven Strategies for Engaging Millennial and Gen Z Customers