Question 6: Do we need a CRM system to do lead nurturing?
The Short and Simple Answer
A good customer relationship management (CRM) system is critical in helping you get all the value possible from your investment in lead nurture and marketing automation. That said, if you have only 2-3 salespeople, few leads, and a small target market, you probably don't need a CRM system to do lead nurture.
If you have more salespeople, however, and you want to automatically distribute leads, achieve and maintain good sales and marketing alignment, and give many people the ability to view the sales pipeline, then you probably want a CRM system.
But companies with as few as three salespeople can get a lot of mileage out of a CRM system that's tied to a marketing automation platform.
To understand how that might be possible, here's...
The Longer and Less Simple Answer
The primary function of a marketing automation system is to track the behavior of your leads. You can see which emails they opened, which links they clicked on in those messages, which website pages they visited, and much, much more.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- CX Will Be Essential for Rebuilding After COVID-19: Four Steps You Need to Take Now
- Planning Your COVID-Related Communications: A Flowchart [Infographic]
- Three Tips to Turn Initial Conversations Into Marketing and Sales Relationships
- Five Things to Do Now With Your Customer Advisory Board During the Pandemic
- Five Tips for Strategic and Compassionate Upselling in Times of Uncertainty