Company: Golden State Warriors
Contact: Robert Rowell, president
Location: Oakland, Calif.
Industry: Professional sports
Annual revenue: Confidential
Number of employees: Confidential
Although fans often take sports-team loyalties personally, rarely do those teams get personal with the fans. The Golden State Warriors, however, made that effort with a video and voice solution that offered an unexpected treat for the team's season-ticket holders.
Team president Robert Rowell reports that the experience was well received by those fans, and the organization has enjoyed success in its annual season-ticket renewal campaign.
The Golden State Warriors are the official National Basketball Association (NBA) team in the San Francisco Bay Area. Every year, as the season nears its end, the team launches a campaign to motivate its season-ticket holders to renew their seats.
Early in 2009, the team realized that renewals might not come as easily as they had the prior year. For one thing, the team hadn't made the playoffs this year, as it had during the 2007-2008 season. For another, there was the recession and the general decline in consumer spending.
So, this year, the team decided it should do something special to get those fans impassioned and show them how much the team appreciates their support.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Move Over, Social Platforms: Niche Online Communities Are the Wave of the Future
- Customer Satisfaction 101: A Guide [Infographic]
- You're Hired... or Not: How Clients Find Small Business Service Providers [Infographic]
- Customer Experience, Innovation, and Technology: Marketing Smarts Podcast, Recorded Live at Adobe Summit
- Four Things Marketers Should Learn From E-Commerce