Facebook, the fourth largest Web property in the US, attracted some 157.2 million visitors in May 2011, an all-time high and a gain of 3.2 million visitors over the previous month, according to data from comScore Media Metrix.
MySpace, meanwhile, continued to lose audience share during the month, to 34.8 million unique visitors. Although the site still holds the No. 2 spot among social networking sites, MySpace audiences have fallen nearly 50% from May-2010 levels, while average user engagement has dropped 85%.
Once synonymous with leading-edge music and pop culture, MySpace reached its peak in December 2008, attracting 75.9 million monthly unique visitors in the US.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How the Fastest-Growing US Companies Are Using Social Media
- Seven Social Media Content Trends for 2020 and Beyond [Infographic]
- Micro-Influencer Trends: Platform, Format, and Compensation Preferences
- Do Consumers Think Instagram Should Hide Likes?
- Social Video in 2020: The Viewpoints of Marketers and Consumers [2 Infographics]