The year 2011 was pivotal for the mobile industry, marked by a near doubling in smartphone ownership, consumers' growing appetite for mobile social content, and tablets emerging as a formidable fourth screen, according to a new report by comScore.
Moreover, 2012 is expected to bring more change, as the mobile industry continues to innovate, and as consumers increasingly integrate mobile behaviors into their lives, using multiple devices and platforms, according to the report.
Below, an overview of comScore's annual mobile report, "2012 Mobile Future in Focus," which explores trends in four broad areas: smartphone adoption; mobile media consumption; platform ecosystem dynamics; and tablet adoption and shifts in multi-device digital media consumption.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Boost Your Open Rates With Messaging Apps [Infographic]
- The Mobile Opportunity: Recognizing the Power of Apps and the Mobile Web
- When Is the Right Time for Mobile Marketing Messages?
- The Summer Road Trip in 2019: Mobile and Social Trends [Infographic]
- Mobile Wallet Usage Around the World [Infographic]