Content: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
64 Statistics That Will Guide Your Content Marketing [Infographic]Laura ForerA smart content plan can make your content marketing efforts more effective. But how do you know what content to focus on? This infographic shares stats about content marketing that ...
How to Get Sales Prospects to Care About Your Marketing ContentRandy FrischCreating content is a waste of time if your target audience isn't consuming it. Here are three steps to creating content that prospects will care about.
The Ultimate Cheat Sheet for Writing Explainer Video Scripts [Infographic]Laura ForerExplainer videos are a useful and fun way to introduce your audience to your products or services, and—when they are done well—they can be extremely effective. Read on for dozens ...
Five Content-Led Marketing Campaigns That Drive ResultsChris CanoPromoting too many sales and discounts can devalue your brand and hurt your bottom line in the long run. Instead, use content to build audience engagement, boost your brand, and ...
Is Your Content Strategy Heading in the Right Direction? Four-Steps to Make Sure It Does.Jake AtheyIs your content marketing strategy working as hard as it should be and achieving your goals? Here's how to audit your content to ensure it's moving your customers—and your ROI—in ...
How to Craft an Email Newsletter That Gets Marketing ResultsChandra BlouinIf the all the recent anti-spam legislation has you feeling hesitant about sending emails, fear not. Newsletters are still one of the most effective ways to reach your B2B audience. ...
The Top Sites Driving Referral Traffic, by Content CategoryAyaz NanjiGoogle and Facebook dominate referral traffic to all types of online content, but the proportion of visits driven by each varies significantly by topic, according to recent research from Parse.ly.
What Brands Post on Social vs. What Consumers Want to SeeAyaz NanjiThere is a significant disconnect between what marketers post to social media and what consumers want to see brands post, according to recent research from Sprout Social.
10 Overlooked B2B Optimization Opportunities to Boost Your WebsiteIris ShoorYou've been testing CTAs and landing pages, but now what? Here are 10 lesser-known—but highly effective—tactics you can use to increase website conversions.
Four Niche-Industry Social Media Marketing Campaigns Done RightBrandon LewisLooking for some social media marketing inspiration? Go beyond standard posts with these four unique and effective campaigns.
Content: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Create a Content Strategy That Rocks: Jason Miller of LinkedIn Marketing Solutions on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneContent-strategy insights and tips from best-selling author Jason Miller (Welcome to the Funnel), head of content and social media marketing at LinkedIn Sales and Marketing Solutions EMEA.
Humor in Marketing: Marketoonist Tom Fishburne on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneVeteran content marketer, cartoonist, and author Tom Fishburne (Your Ad Ignored Here: Cartoons From 15 Years of Marketing, Business, and Doodling in Meetings) talks about the role of humor in marketing and why cartoons might be the ultimate content marketing ...
How to Incite Action With Marketing: Use 'The Red Thread.' Tamsen Webster on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMessage strategist Tamsen Webster explains "The Red Thread"—a framework for structuring communications that will move your audience to action.
Creating Tinseltown-Worthy Branded Video Content: Vern Oakley on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneHollywood-filmmaker-turned-brand-storyteller Vern Oakley provides tips and advice for marketers on how to use video to showcase the human side of their organization.
Creating Brand Fans on a Grand Scale: Musician Peter Hollens on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMusician Peter Hollens built a following of more than 1.5 million YouTube subscribers through collaboration, a commitment to regular content, and audience feedback. The lessons he learned can help marketers build their own valuable audiences.
A Simple Formula for Effective Content: They Ask, You Answer! Marcus Sheridan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarcus Sheridan used blogging to turn his struggling pool business around. Now he's a content marketing consultant for some of the world's top companies. In this episode, Marcus offers a sneak preview of marketing secrets from his forthcoming book 'They ...
If You're Not Gating Your Videos, You're Doing It Wrong: Kristen Craft of Wistia on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneKristen Craft of video hosting company Wistia shares the secret to creating video content that converts.
Social Media, CX, and Lessons From Working With Steve Jobs: LiveWorld's Peter Friedman on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgonePeter Friedman, former Apple vice-president, and founder and CEO of LiveWorld, shares insights on social media for brands, customer experience, and business.
Backlinks, Hiring Tips, and Building a Business Overseas: Kris Reid on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSearch engine optimization expert Kris Reid shares tips for optimizing content and unconventional approaches for hiring talent. He also discusses how (and why) to build a business overseas.
Whose Content Is It Anyway? Better Marketing Through Improv: Kathy Klotz-Guest on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneKathy Klotz-Guest, business storytelling strategist and author, shares insights from her new book, Stop Boring Me! How to Create Kick-A** Marketing Content, Products and Ideas Through the Power of Improv.
Content: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Marketing Writing Bootcamp: Seven Professional Secrets to Safely Use Humor in MarketingBroadcast on 7/19/2018 with Erik DeckersIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn seven techniques to finding humor in almost every situation (including the ones you're not supposed to), and the techniques professionals use to "write funny" without resorting to tired clichés and stereotypes.
- Content Marketing for Humans in the Age of RobotsBroadcast on 6/14/2018 with Chris BroganIn this Teach Me How seminar, Chris Brogan shares actionable takeaways on how to capture your customers' attention with carefully crafted content. You'll learn essential writing tips, the key to selecting topics that engage, and how to get your audience to interact with you in a real and authentic way. You'll walk away with the tools to break through the noise and be heard (and listened to) by your prospects and customers.
- Five Ways to Use a Website CMS to Improve UXBroadcast on 5/30/2018 with Megan GouveiaIf you're new to Content Marketing Systems or aren't sure you're making the best use of the one you have, join us for Five Ways to Use a Website CMS to Improve UX. This free seminar will show you how to both launch new websites and also test, scale, and improve existing ones with greater efficiency and success. Sponsored by Progress
- Content Strategy for B2B Lead GenerationBroadcast on 4/19/2018 with Andy CrestodinaIn this Teach Me How seminar, Andy Crestodina will walk you through each step in the process for driving B2B leads with content marketing, from first action to final outcome. You'll learn how to become a dual-threat marketer by combining search and psychology, SEO with conversion optimization, and cheese and mousetraps. You'll leave with the tools to make your content drive the right leads to you.
- Digital Breadcrumbs: Storytelling That Connects and Converts Across PlatformsBroadcast on 1/18/2018 with Carla JohnsonIn this Teach Me How seminar, discover the magic to storytelling in a digital world that inspires people to take action across channels. You'll learn five secrets that the most successful brands use to create cohesive narratives and how to tell stories that shift your content from noisy to necessary. You'll leave ready to create seamless, connected tales that inspire your audience to follow your trail to greater engagement and more conversions.
- How to Succeed at LinkedIn Content Marketing: Three Must-Have StrategiesBroadcast on 12/14/2017 with Viveka von RosenIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll hear about three powerful content marketing strategies using specific LinkedIn tools. You'll discover how to capture your leads' interest with LinkedIn's publishing platform, native video, and long-form updates. You'll also learn how to use these strategies to increase your brand's visibility to keep you top of mind among your audience and cement your positioning as a leader in your industry.
- How to Add Live Streaming Video to Your Marketing MixBroadcast on 10/19/2017 with Ashley FausIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn how to use live stream video to connect with your community; the pros and cons of choosing a live streaming app over a traditional video, webinar, or podcast; and the types of stories you can tell with these emerging platforms. You'll also discover how brands across several industries have had success with live streaming video.
- High-Performance Content Marketing: Create More Compelling Content Using a Custom Content ArchitectureBroadcast on 10/12/2017 with Shelly BowenIn this online seminar, you'll learn the key steps to creating your own content architecture blueprint. You'll discover how to ensure your blueprint covers your core messaging priorities so it serves as your guide from process to execution, and how to customize it to meet your company's needs and goals.
- The Meat and Potatoes of Podcasting: How to Create a Successful PodcastBroadcast on 8/17/2017 with Kerry O'Shea GorgoneIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn the key steps to starting a podcast, from setting goals to recording and editing to promoting your published show. You'll leave with the tools to help you rock the mic—and make sure your podcast succeeds!
- The Content Formula: How to Create and Measure Content That ConvertsBroadcast on 6/15/2017 with Michael BrennerIn this Teach Me How seminar, we'll show you 10 ways you can quantify the return on your marketing through a consistent content approach. You'll also learn how to use content to create an appealing destination that your customers can't wait to visit again and again.
Content: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Eight Steps to Making Great Smartphone VideosReleased on 11/18/2016 with Jeremy A. WilliamsIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn about essential planning considerations for smartphone videos. From outlining what you're going to shoot to ensuring you have all your accessories, this Take 10 will make sure you're (over) prepared for your next video shoot.
- Take 10: A Step-by-Step Guide to Launching an Employee Advocacy ProgramReleased on 9/23/2016 with Stephan HovnanianIn just 10 minutes, we'll go through the seven steps you need to launch an engaging and highly successful employee advocacy program. You'll learn how to define success, create a content strategy, and get the right people involved from the start so your program can grow.
- Take 10: Five Simple Ways to Lower Your Bounce RatesReleased on 3/18/2016 with Sherice JacobIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five simple ways to lower your bounce rates. We'll discuss the importance of great copy, common layout and navigation issues, and little-known pitfalls that could cause visitors to leave.
- Take 10: Nine Things to Remove From Your WebsiteReleased on 3/11/2016 with Andy CrestodinaIn just 10 minutes, we'll ask the tough questions about your website content including: do you really want people to click that? And does it even work as website content? From press releases and email links, to PDFs and cat videos, we'll show you nine things to remove from your website so you'll want to run (not walk) to your content management system for immediate changes.
- Take 10: How to Develop an Effective PodcastReleased on 1/22/2016 with Bob KnorppIn just 10 minutes, the creator of one of today's most successful B2B podcasts will break down the process of creating a program that provides your listeners with content they'll be eager to hear and achieves your business objectives. We'll also share expert tips on script development, the importance of consistency, and how to prepare your guests for a more interesting conversation.
- Take 10: 10 Tips for Creating Quality Video on Your SmartphoneReleased on 12/18/2015 with Rocky WallsIn just 10 minutes, we'll share simple, straight-to-the-point tips for creating high-quality video using your smartphone. From shooting, to sharing, to editing, you'll leave with actionable tactics you can put to use right away.
- Take 10: Make the Most of Pinterest—How to Harness the Power of Pins for Real ROIReleased on 11/20/2015 with Dana KellyIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through Pinterest's content best practices and share effective content distribution tactics. You'll learn which content trends can help drive growth in your own Pinterest community. We'll give you the tools and tips you need to achieve positive ROI from your Pinterest efforts.
- Take 10: Repurpose Content for Your BlogReleased on 11/13/2015 with Allie Gray FreelandIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to save time and resources by maximizing the lifetime value of your pre-existing content. We'll walk you through how to repurpose content for your blog, so you can breathe new life into press releases, sales decks, customer service transcripts, social content, and more.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Make Sure Your Press Release Gets NoticedReleased on 9/18/2015 with Nash RigginsIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through three simple steps to ensure your press releases make it to print. You'll learn how to craft a newsworthy angle, adhere to universal journalistic guidelines, and give editors just the right amount of spice to help your press release stand out from the rest.
- Take 10: Digital Marketing Is a Circle of TrustReleased on 6/12/2015 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create utility content—content that serves a purpose or solves a problem—and how this helps drive qualified traffic. In addition, we'll share insight on paid, owned, and earned media, how to use it to keep you in the circle of trust, and how to make it work to your advantage.
Content: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- An Earful of Advice for the Podcasting BeginnerThis 34-page beginner's guide will help you understand the essentials of podcasting.
- Build Your Content Marketing Dream TeamIn this 22-page guide, we'll explain how to identify the key hires you need to get your content marketing dream team started, how to add players to the bench from some unexpected places, and what skills will be required of the people you hire.
- 62 Best Practices of Top Business BloggersThis 24-page guide will provide you with valuable nuggets of wisdom that will help you supercharge your business blog. You’ll learn directly from a long list of strategies that have proven effective for top business bloggers.
- Video Marketing: How to Roll Video Into Your Media MixIn this 16-page guide, we'll explore the benefits of video marketing, the variety of video formats, and how to make video on a budget. We'll also look at how to use social media with video and strategies for cashing in on video.
- SEO for Content Marketers: How to Push Your Content to the TopIn this 23-page guide, we cover five steps for optimizing your content and making Google (and the other search engines) happy so that she'll share your content with the right folks and send those prospects your way.
- Inbound Marketing: The Art of AttractionIn this 22-page guide, you'll learn how to understand the true value your company has in the marketplace, create great content in multiple iterations that meets customers where they are, and market your content across multiple channels to cement the relationship and convert prospects to leads.
- How to Create the Ultimate Case StudyIn this 28-page guide, you'll be given an 8-step plan for creating the ultimate case study—one that will meet your prospect's needs, and in turn, help you get the results you want.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.