Content: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The Content Types That Generate the Highest-Quality LeadsAyaz NanjiMarketers say research reports and videos/motion graphics are the content types that generate the leads most likely to convert, according to recent research from Ascend2.
#SocialSkim: Facebook and Instagram Redesign, Amazon's Spark vs. Instagram and Pinterest: 10 Stories This WeekChristian NeriThis week: Facebook, Instagram aim for engagement with redesigns; all about Amazon's Spark social platform; LinkedIn's smart share options, a court case it lost, and its native video; Apple pushes ...
How to Drive Real Results Through Sales, Marketing, and AIMike KostowMany companies find themselves asking the same question: How do we authentically engage with customers throughout their entire buying journey to keep them satisfied and buying more? The answer, up ...
Why Your Paid Social Is Failing, and Best-Practices for Social AdvertisingJen KernSocial marketing is different because your audience talks back—immediately, directly, and sometimes not in your favor. If you're developing a social advertising strategy the way you would for PPC ads ...
In Pursuit of the Perfect Headline: What's the Secret to Making Your Audience Click?Steve RaysonWhat is the secret to an engaging headline? Everyone has an opinion... but what does the data say? After analyzing 100 million headlines, we found that the essence of an ...
#SocialSkim: Facebook Launches Original Shows, Social Media Claims 3 Billion Users: 11 Stories This WeekChristian NeriSocial has 3 billion users (and other need-to-know stats); Facebook's original video push; LinkedIn expands partners program; a mobile messaging foray by YouTube; Google's Snapchat Discover competitor; Snapchat's powerful tool ...
Five Methods for Planning Better B2B Content ExperiencesBrody DorlandDrawing inspiration from some of the brightest B2B content marketers, here are five ways to help solve the problem of planning your content marketing and elevating the content experience of ...
Four Ways Marketers Can Take Risks Without Being RiskyCarl MarciIn today's consumer environment, we marketers must take risks, otherwise we risk getting lost in the clutter and sinking into irrelevance. Success lies in understanding the difference between taking risks... ...
The Content Qualities That Most Influence B2B Purchasing BehaviorAyaz NanjiProspective buyers of B2B products find content to be most useful when it speaks to needs/pain points and provides specifications, according to research from Content Marketing Institute and SmartBrief.
#SocialSkim: Facebook Messenger Upgraded for Business, a Big Blow to Snapchat: 10 Stories This WeekChristian NeriFacebook unleashes Messenger 2.1 with business-friendly features, may be working on futuristic video chat; stock market rejects Snapchat; Pinterest homes in on search with selling focus; Facebook's big News Feed ...
Content: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How to Incite Action With Marketing: Use 'The Red Thread.' Tamsen Webster on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMessage strategist Tamsen Webster explains "The Red Thread"—a framework for structuring communications that will move your audience to action.
Creating Tinseltown-Worthy Branded Video Content: Vern Oakley on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneHollywood-filmmaker-turned-brand-storyteller Vern Oakley provides tips and advice for marketers on how to use video to showcase the human side of their organization.
Creating Brand Fans on a Grand Scale: Musician Peter Hollens on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMusician Peter Hollens built a following of more than 1.5 million YouTube subscribers through collaboration, a commitment to regular content, and audience feedback. The lessons he learned can help marketers build their own valuable audiences.
A Simple Formula for Effective Content: They Ask, You Answer! Marcus Sheridan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarcus Sheridan used blogging to turn his struggling pool business around. Now he's a content marketing consultant for some of the world's top companies. In this episode, Marcus offers a sneak preview of marketing secrets from his forthcoming book 'They ...
If You're Not Gating Your Videos, You're Doing It Wrong: Kristen Craft of Wistia on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneKristen Craft of video hosting company Wistia shares the secret to creating video content that converts.
Social Media, CX, and Lessons From Working With Steve Jobs: LiveWorld's Peter Friedman on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgonePeter Friedman, former Apple vice-president, and founder and CEO of LiveWorld, shares insights on social media for brands, customer experience, and business.
Backlinks, Hiring Tips, and Building a Business Overseas: Kris Reid on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSearch engine optimization expert Kris Reid shares tips for optimizing content and unconventional approaches for hiring talent. He also discusses how (and why) to build a business overseas.
Whose Content Is It Anyway? Better Marketing Through Improv: Kathy Klotz-Guest on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneKathy Klotz-Guest, business storytelling strategist and author, shares insights from her new book, Stop Boring Me! How to Create Kick-A** Marketing Content, Products and Ideas Through the Power of Improv.
How to Combat Email-Induced Insanity: SaneBox's Dmitri Leonov on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSaneBox COO Dmitri Leonov discusses email overload and offers suggestions for marketers hoping to keep their emails from being funneled into the "Later" folder.
Get With the Program(matic): Daniel Bornstein of Demand Media on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneGain insight into programmatic advertising and sponsored content from Daniel Bornstein, senior vice-president of media monetization and operations at Demand Media, a holding company that owns ehow, LIVESTRONG, and CRACKED.
Content: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- The Meat and Potatoes of Podcasting: How to Create a Successful PodcastBroadcast on 8/17/2017 with Kerry O'Shea GorgoneIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn the key steps to starting a podcast, from setting goals to recording and editing to promoting your published show. You'll leave with the tools to help you rock the mic—and make sure your podcast succeeds!
- The Content Formula: How to Create and Measure Content That ConvertsBroadcast on 6/15/2017 with Michael BrennerIn this Teach Me How seminar, we'll show you 10 ways you can quantify the return on your marketing through a consistent content approach. You'll also learn how to use content to create an appealing destination that your customers can't wait to visit again and again.
- Writers Need to Know Content Trends, Too: Marketing Writing BootcampBroadcast on 6/1/2017 with Julia McCoyIn this online seminar, you'll learn how to fine-tune your content planning and development to better mirror reader habits. You'll discover what your audiences want to read and need to know, and how to reach and genuinely influence prospects. You'll leave with the tools to harness your readers' preferences to improve your content's trust factor.
- How to Adapt: Creating a Content Strategy for MobileBroadcast on 4/6/2017 with Christina IngeIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to create device-agnostic content that reaches your target audience and achieves your communication objectives. You'll come away with strategies to tell even the most complex B2B sales story, or engage the most niche B2C consumers, with awesome content—on any platform!
- Fix Your Funnel: 15 Things to Remove From Your Site ImmediatelyBroadcast on 2/2/2017 with Andy CrestodinaIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn why you need to run (not walk) to your content management system and make immediate changes for the good of your lead funnel. You'll discover what you should add or remove from your site—to fix the top, middle, and bottom of your funnel—so you can increase traffic ASAP!
- Measure Once, Cut 17 Times: How You Can Get the Most ROI Out of Each Content Marketing AssetBroadcast on 12/8/2016 with Phil GerbyshakIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to be more efficient with the content you create, allowing you to reuse what you already have in ways that will increase your marketing effectiveness. You'll learn how to take a large blog post and split it into smaller posts, turn a podcast into multiple articles, create interesting and useful visuals to accompany your articles, and much more. You'll leave with a simple plan to stretch each piece of content, get the most out of your budget, and save time with everything you create.
- How to Demystify Influencer Marketing With ContentBroadcast on 11/3/2016 with Lee OddenIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how influencer content programs tap industry voices that buyers trust, and align with brands to deliver on both thought leadership and customer acquisition goals. While there are many opinions and approaches to influencer marketing, we'll cover the three proven approaches B2B marketers can take to satisfy buyers across the sales experience.
- Inspiring Action: The Future of Influencer MarketingBroadcast on 9/29/2016 with Heidi SullivanIn this PRO seminar, we'll share what the experts see as challenges, best practices, and success stories in the fast-growing world of influencer and advocate marketing. You'll learn how B2C and B2B companies are working with online influencers and customer advocates to grow their reach, engagement, and conversions.
- Make Your Copy Mobile-FriendlyBroadcast on 9/8/2016 with Roberta RosenbergIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to craft copy that gets noticed, read, and acted upon in the small screen confines of the mobile environment. We'll also share when to use pictures to tell your story and how to 'front load' important content your prospects won't miss during a quick scan. You'll leave with copywriting best practices and tips you can apply right away.
- The Broken Promise of Digital: Making the Customer the Center of What We DoBroadcast on 7/14/2016 with Scott MontyIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the pitfalls of getting lured into the same old same old, and give you new ideas to execute a customer-centric strategy. From listening, to understanding motivations and preferences, to the fundamentals of creating engaging content, you'll learn the importance of building trust and capturing attention regardless of the platform. We'll show you how to put humanity back into digital marketing!
Content: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Eight Steps to Making Great Smartphone VideosReleased on 11/18/2016 with Jeremy A. WilliamsIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn about essential planning considerations for smartphone videos. From outlining what you're going to shoot to ensuring you have all your accessories, this Take 10 will make sure you're (over) prepared for your next video shoot.
- Take 10: A Step-by-Step Guide to Launching an Employee Advocacy ProgramReleased on 9/23/2016 with Stephan HovnanianIn just 10 minutes, we'll go through the seven steps you need to launch an engaging and highly successful employee advocacy program. You'll learn how to define success, create a content strategy, and get the right people involved from the start so your program can grow.
- Take 10: Five Simple Ways to Lower Your Bounce RatesReleased on 3/18/2016 with Sherice JacobIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five simple ways to lower your bounce rates. We'll discuss the importance of great copy, common layout and navigation issues, and little-known pitfalls that could cause visitors to leave.
- Take 10: Nine Things to Remove From Your WebsiteReleased on 3/11/2016 with Andy CrestodinaIn just 10 minutes, we'll ask the tough questions about your website content including: do you really want people to click that? And does it even work as website content? From press releases and email links, to PDFs and cat videos, we'll show you nine things to remove from your website so you'll want to run (not walk) to your content management system for immediate changes.
- Take 10: How to Develop an Effective PodcastReleased on 1/22/2016 with Bob KnorppIn just 10 minutes, the creator of one of today's most successful B2B podcasts will break down the process of creating a program that provides your listeners with content they'll be eager to hear and achieves your business objectives. We'll also share expert tips on script development, the importance of consistency, and how to prepare your guests for a more interesting conversation.
- Take 10: 10 Tips for Creating Quality Video on Your SmartphoneReleased on 12/18/2015 with Rocky WallsIn just 10 minutes, we'll share simple, straight-to-the-point tips for creating high-quality video using your smartphone. From shooting, to sharing, to editing, you'll leave with actionable tactics you can put to use right away.
- Take 10: Make the Most of Pinterest—How to Harness the Power of Pins for Real ROIReleased on 11/20/2015 with Dana KellyIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through Pinterest's content best practices and share effective content distribution tactics. You'll learn which content trends can help drive growth in your own Pinterest community. We'll give you the tools and tips you need to achieve positive ROI from your Pinterest efforts.
- Take 10: Repurpose Content for Your BlogReleased on 11/13/2015 with Allie Gray FreelandIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to save time and resources by maximizing the lifetime value of your pre-existing content. We'll walk you through how to repurpose content for your blog, so you can breathe new life into press releases, sales decks, customer service transcripts, social content, and more.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Make Sure Your Press Release Gets NoticedReleased on 9/18/2015 with Nash RigginsIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through three simple steps to ensure your press releases make it to print. You'll learn how to craft a newsworthy angle, adhere to universal journalistic guidelines, and give editors just the right amount of spice to help your press release stand out from the rest.
- Take 10: Digital Marketing Is a Circle of TrustReleased on 6/12/2015 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create utility content—content that serves a purpose or solves a problem—and how this helps drive qualified traffic. In addition, we'll share insight on paid, owned, and earned media, how to use it to keep you in the circle of trust, and how to make it work to your advantage.
Content: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- An Earful of Advice for the Podcasting BeginnerThis 34-page beginner's guide will help you understand the essentials of podcasting.
- Build Your Content Marketing Dream TeamIn this 22-page guide, we'll explain how to identify the key hires you need to get your content marketing dream team started, how to add players to the bench from some unexpected places, and what skills will be required of the people you hire.
- 62 Best Practices of Top Business BloggersThis 24-page guide will provide you with valuable nuggets of wisdom that will help you supercharge your business blog. You’ll learn directly from a long list of strategies that have proven effective for top business bloggers.
- Video Marketing: How to Roll Video Into Your Media MixIn this 16-page guide, we'll explore the benefits of video marketing, the variety of video formats, and how to make video on a budget. We'll also look at how to use social media with video and strategies for cashing in on video.
- SEO for Content Marketers: How to Push Your Content to the TopIn this 23-page guide, we cover five steps for optimizing your content and making Google (and the other search engines) happy so that she'll share your content with the right folks and send those prospects your way.
- Inbound Marketing: The Art of AttractionIn this 22-page guide, you'll learn how to understand the true value your company has in the marketplace, create great content in multiple iterations that meets customers where they are, and market your content across multiple channels to cement the relationship and convert prospects to leads.
- How to Create the Ultimate Case StudyIn this 28-page guide, you'll be given an 8-step plan for creating the ultimate case study—one that will meet your prospect's needs, and in turn, help you get the results you want.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.