Content: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Writing Showdown: Early Birds vs. Night Owls [Infographic]Laura ForerEarly birds are less prone to make writing and typing errors than their late-night counterparts. How much more accurate are they? Find out here.
The Content Marketer's Approach to Successful Social Selling and Sales EnablementBarry FeldmanPush marketing. Pull marketing. Content marketing. Social selling. Sales enablement. All are in the playbook that Marketing and Sales use to grow the business via digital channels. Here's what content ...
#SocialSkim: Why LinkedIn Just Lost 6 Million Users, Twitter’s Plans to Shift Course: 13 Stories This WeekChristian NeriThis week: LinkedIn's fight with the Kremlin; Twitter distances itself from... social media; Snapchat builds lead-gen ad capability; the ultimate LinkedIn cheat sheet; social's role in hot B2B trends; Zuckerberg’s ...
How to Create Infographics Using PowerPoint or Keynote [Infographic]Laura ForerThink only designers can create infographics? You have the power to create infographics yourself with tools you probably already have: PowerPoint and Keynote.
How to Make Powerful Facebook Ads With the Help of Your Customer Service TeamParker DavisFacebook ads can be powerful, but only if you avoid some common mistakes. Here's how your customer service team can help you do just that so you can create better ...
How Digital Marketers Are Using Visual Content [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiMost digital marketers (90%) say more than half of the content they create includes some sort of visual element (image, graphic, video, etc.), according to recent research Venngage.
Three Major Shifts That Will Transform Video Marketing in 2017Tyler LessardIn 2017, three major shifts in how we create, promote, and measure video content will bring about the tipping point that changes the game and puts us squarely on track ...
#SocialSkim: LinkedIn's Latest Changes, How Social Will Change in 2017: 10 Stories This WeekChristian NeriSkim for a fresh start in 2017: all the LinkedIn changes marketers need to know; Twitter's cry for help, and its launch of 360-degree live video; consumers' concerns about social ...
Newspaper Readership Trends by Platform and AgeAyaz NanjiNewspapers reach 169 million adults in the United States each month via print and digital, according to recent research from Nielsen Scarborough.
Goodbye Google Keyword Planner, Hello Keyword Research Using PPCDavid ZimmermanDid you sigh when you heard Google is revoking free access to its Keyword Planner? Your first reaction was probably something like "Google is sticking it to us again." But ...
Content: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
A Simple Formula for Effective Content: They Ask, You Answer! Marcus Sheridan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarcus Sheridan used blogging to turn his struggling pool business around. Now he's a content marketing consultant for some of the world's top companies. In this episode, Marcus offers a sneak preview of marketing secrets from his forthcoming book 'They ...
If You're Not Gating Your Videos, You're Doing It Wrong: Kristen Craft of Wistia on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneKristen Craft of video hosting company Wistia shares the secret to creating video content that converts.
Social Media, CX, and Lessons From Working With Steve Jobs: LiveWorld's Peter Friedman on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgonePeter Friedman, former Apple vice-president, and founder and CEO of LiveWorld, shares insights on social media for brands, customer experience, and business.
Backlinks, Hiring Tips, and Building a Business Overseas: Kris Reid on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSearch engine optimization expert Kris Reid shares tips for optimizing content and unconventional approaches for hiring talent. He also discusses how (and why) to build a business overseas.
Whose Content Is It Anyway? Better Marketing Through Improv: Kathy Klotz-Guest on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneKathy Klotz-Guest, business storytelling strategist and author, shares insights from her new book, Stop Boring Me! How to Create Kick-A** Marketing Content, Products and Ideas Through the Power of Improv.
How to Combat Email-Induced Insanity: SaneBox's Dmitri Leonov on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSaneBox COO Dmitri Leonov discusses email overload and offers suggestions for marketers hoping to keep their emails from being funneled into the "Later" folder.
Get With the Program(matic): Daniel Bornstein of Demand Media on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneGain insight into programmatic advertising and sponsored content from Daniel Bornstein, senior vice-president of media monetization and operations at Demand Media, a holding company that owns ehow, LIVESTRONG, and CRACKED.
For Marketing Success, the Rx Is UX: Tracy Rosecrans of Healthline on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTracy Rosecrans, SVP of marketing and product for Healthline media, explains how she used content, UX, and SEO to transform Healthline.com into the fastest-growing health information site in the US, with more than 40 million monthly unique views.
How to Scale Your Lead Nurturing With Content Curation: Alicianne Rand of NewsCred on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneNewsCred VP of Marketing Alicianne Rand discusses lead nurturing, content strategy, curation, and licensing.
Use Storytelling to Enhance Your Marketing: Ron Ploof on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneStory expert Ron Ploof explains how brands (B2B and B2C alike) can create more effective marketing pieces by applying the fundamentals of storytelling to their content marketing.
Content: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Measure Once, Cut 17 Times: How You Can Get the Most ROI Out of Each Content Marketing AssetBroadcast on 12/8/2016 with Phil GerbyshakIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to be more efficient with the content you create, allowing you to reuse what you already have in ways that will increase your marketing effectiveness. You'll learn how to take a large blog post and split it into smaller posts, turn a podcast into multiple articles, create interesting and useful visuals to accompany your articles, and much more. You'll leave with a simple plan to stretch each piece of content, get the most out of your budget, and save time with everything you create.
- How to Demystify Influencer Marketing With ContentBroadcast on 11/3/2016 with Lee OddenIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how influencer content programs tap industry voices that buyers trust, and align with brands to deliver on both thought leadership and customer acquisition goals. While there are many opinions and approaches to influencer marketing, we'll cover the three proven approaches B2B marketers can take to satisfy buyers across the sales experience.
- Inspiring Action: The Future of Influencer MarketingBroadcast on 9/29/2016 with Heidi SullivanIn this PRO seminar, we'll share what the experts see as challenges, best practices, and success stories in the fast-growing world of influencer and advocate marketing. You'll learn how B2C and B2B companies are working with online influencers and customer advocates to grow their reach, engagement, and conversions.
- Make Your Copy Mobile-FriendlyBroadcast on 9/8/2016 with Roberta RosenbergIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to craft copy that gets noticed, read, and acted upon in the small screen confines of the mobile environment. We'll also share when to use pictures to tell your story and how to 'front load' important content your prospects won't miss during a quick scan. You'll leave with copywriting best practices and tips you can apply right away.
- The Broken Promise of Digital: Making the Customer the Center of What We DoBroadcast on 7/14/2016 with Scott MontyIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the pitfalls of getting lured into the same old same old, and give you new ideas to execute a customer-centric strategy. From listening, to understanding motivations and preferences, to the fundamentals of creating engaging content, you'll learn the importance of building trust and capturing attention regardless of the platform. We'll show you how to put humanity back into digital marketing!
- Get Scrappy: Smarter Digital Marketing for Businesses Big and SmallBroadcast on 6/23/2016 with Nick WestergaardIn this PRO seminar, you'll discover how getting 'scrappy' can help you put brains before budget and simplify your marketing in today's complex world. We'll share a range of strategic frameworks as well as tactical tips that will provide you with a reliable system for rethinking marketing as marketing re-thinks itself.
- MarketingProfs University: Establish Your Message ArchitectureBroadcast on 6/2/2016 with Margot BloomsteinIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to prioritize communication goals—ideal whether you manage web, social media, or print collateral. We'll discuss how simple tools like a gap analysis and content audit can reveal easily missed opportunities. You'll leave with the savvy to bring brand-driven content strategy techniques and thinking into your own work.
- Unthinkable: How the World's Most Creative Marketers Do What Others Don't DareBroadcast on 5/19/2016 with Jay AcunzoIn this PRO seminar, we'll explore how some of the world's most creative marketers earn attention. We'll share why we need to step back from our obsession with best practices, and what to do instead. You'll leave with ideas inspired by case studies on how do the unthinkable and create better content marketing that actually stands out.
- 53 Content Marketing Hacks to Double Your Engagement RatesBroadcast on 5/5/2016 with Matt HeinzIn this PRO seminar, we'll cut through the clutter and share dozens of tactical, proven best practices that will help you accelerate the production and results of your content marketing efforts. We'll show you how to create a scalable system that can be customized to your content marketing and business objectives. You'll leave with 50+ tools, tips, and hacks to increase your content marketing success.
- From Storytelling to Story-Selling: How to Tell Customer-Centric StoriesBroadcast on 4/28/2016 with Bobby LehewIn this PRO seminar, we'll explore multiple methods for creating a compelling narrative—including the Monomytch method and the Narrative Wheel, an ancient technique developed by Native American storytellers. We'll cover Kurt Vonnegut's story shapes, and you'll learn how to brush off those stale mission and vision statements. You'll also learn how to rewind myths, retell history, and foretell the future by crafting customer-centric stories that cut through the noise and allow customers to speak for themselves.
Content: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Eight Steps to Making Great Smartphone VideosReleased on 11/18/2016 with Jeremy A. WilliamsIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn about essential planning considerations for smartphone videos. From outlining what you're going to shoot to ensuring you have all your accessories, this Take 10 will make sure you're (over) prepared for your next video shoot.
- Take 10: A Step-by-Step Guide to Launching an Employee Advocacy ProgramReleased on 9/23/2016 with Stephan HovnanianIn just 10 minutes, we'll go through the seven steps you need to launch an engaging and highly successful employee advocacy program. You'll learn how to define success, create a content strategy, and get the right people involved from the start so your program can grow.
- Take 10: Five Simple Ways to Lower Your Bounce RatesReleased on 3/18/2016 with Sherice JacobIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five simple ways to lower your bounce rates. We'll discuss the importance of great copy, common layout and navigation issues, and little-known pitfalls that could cause visitors to leave.
- Take 10: Nine Things to Remove From Your WebsiteReleased on 3/11/2016 with Andy CrestodinaIn just 10 minutes, we'll ask the tough questions about your website content including: do you really want people to click that? And does it even work as website content? From press releases and email links, to PDFs and cat videos, we'll show you nine things to remove from your website so you'll want to run (not walk) to your content management system for immediate changes.
- Take 10: How to Develop an Effective PodcastReleased on 1/22/2016 with Bob KnorppIn just 10 minutes, the creator of one of today's most successful B2B podcasts will break down the process of creating a program that provides your listeners with content they'll be eager to hear and achieves your business objectives. We'll also share expert tips on script development, the importance of consistency, and how to prepare your guests for a more interesting conversation.
- Take 10: 10 Tips for Creating Quality Video on Your SmartphoneReleased on 12/18/2015 with Rocky WallsIn just 10 minutes, we'll share simple, straight-to-the-point tips for creating high-quality video using your smartphone. From shooting, to sharing, to editing, you'll leave with actionable tactics you can put to use right away.
- Take 10: Make the Most of Pinterest—How to Harness the Power of Pins for Real ROIReleased on 11/20/2015 with Dana KellyIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through Pinterest's content best practices and share effective content distribution tactics. You'll learn which content trends can help drive growth in your own Pinterest community. We'll give you the tools and tips you need to achieve positive ROI from your Pinterest efforts.
- Take 10: Repurpose Content for Your BlogReleased on 11/13/2015 with Allie Gray FreelandIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to save time and resources by maximizing the lifetime value of your pre-existing content. We'll walk you through how to repurpose content for your blog, so you can breathe new life into press releases, sales decks, customer service transcripts, social content, and more.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Make Sure Your Press Release Gets NoticedReleased on 9/18/2015 with Nash RigginsIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through three simple steps to ensure your press releases make it to print. You'll learn how to craft a newsworthy angle, adhere to universal journalistic guidelines, and give editors just the right amount of spice to help your press release stand out from the rest.
- Take 10: Digital Marketing Is a Circle of TrustReleased on 6/12/2015 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create utility content—content that serves a purpose or solves a problem—and how this helps drive qualified traffic. In addition, we'll share insight on paid, owned, and earned media, how to use it to keep you in the circle of trust, and how to make it work to your advantage.
Content: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Build Your Content Marketing Dream TeamIn this 22-page guide, we'll explain how to identify the key hires you need to get your content marketing dream team started, how to add players to the bench from some unexpected places, and what skills will be required of the people you hire.
- 62 Best Practices of Top Business BloggersThis 24-page guide will provide you with valuable nuggets of wisdom that will help you supercharge your business blog. You’ll learn directly from a long list of strategies that have proven effective for top business bloggers.
- Video Marketing: How to Roll Video Into Your Media MixIn this 16-page guide, we'll explore the benefits of video marketing, the variety of video formats, and how to make video on a budget. We'll also look at how to use social media with video and strategies for cashing in on video.
- SEO for Content Marketers: How to Push Your Content to the TopIn this 23-page guide, we cover five steps for optimizing your content and making Google (and the other search engines) happy so that she'll share your content with the right folks and send those prospects your way.
- Inbound Marketing: The Art of AttractionIn this 22-page guide, you'll learn how to understand the true value your company has in the marketplace, create great content in multiple iterations that meets customers where they are, and market your content across multiple channels to cement the relationship and convert prospects to leads.
- How to Create the Ultimate Case StudyIn this 28-page guide, you'll be given an 8-step plan for creating the ultimate case study—one that will meet your prospect's needs, and in turn, help you get the results you want.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.