Content: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Five Ways You Can Use User-Generated Content to Boost Your E-commerce BrandZaius [Sponsored Content]It's harder than ever to grab your customers' attention. But if you allow them to share their opinions and experiences, they're more likely to engage with your brand—while creating marketing ...
Email Personalization: The What, Why, and How of Hyper-Personalized Email [Infographic]Laura ForerEmail personalization has evolved from [first name] in an email to an entire series of emails customized for preferences and behaviors. Check out the future of hyper-personalized email and see ...
Three Tips From Basecamp for Launching and Running a Successful PodcastShaun Hildner, Wailin WongThe co-producers and co-hosts of Basecamp's Rework podcast offer some practical advice from the podcasting trenches. Keep these three tips in mind when starting and producing your own podcast.
Five Ways to Use Social for SEO and Vice VersaCarolyn Lyden [Sponsored Content]Social media and SEO are often viewed as mutually exclusive marketing practices. But that's not so. Here are five ways that SEO marketers and social media managers can work together.
Increase Website Traffic Without Improving Search Rank: A Guide to CTR-Testing for Title Tags and Meta DescriptionsMichael HayesUsing conversion rate optimization techniques in clickthrough-rate testing of title tags and meta descriptions can increase Web traffic (without dealing with search rank).
Six Important Points About the State of B2B Content Marketing [Infographic]Laura ForerNow that B2B brands are catching up to their B2C counterparts in digital content marketing efforts, what's working? What's not working? And how is it all being created, distributed, and ...
How Frequently Businesses Publish ContentAyaz NanjiJust over half of digital marketers say their company publishes online content daily, according to recent research from The Manifest. However, the frequency of publishing tends to vary significantly based ...
Tons of Traffic, but Few Conversions? Three Ideas for Repurposing Blog TrafficJules Tompkins [Sponsored Content]Traffic to your site is a great thing, right? But what if visitors to your search engine optimized content aren't converting to leads or newsletter signups or however else you've ...
What Converts? Web Landing Page Benchmarks and Trends [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiWebsite landing pages that contain a single call to action (CTA) garner a higher average conversion rate than those with more than one CTA, according to recent research from Unbounce.
How to Make Your Infographics Stand Out [Animated Infographic]Laura ForerHow can you add a new dimension to your infographics? Check out these 12 techniques for designing infographics that really shine.
Content: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Create a Content Strategy That Rocks: Jason Miller of LinkedIn Marketing Solutions on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneContent-strategy insights and tips from best-selling author Jason Miller (Welcome to the Funnel), head of content and social media marketing at LinkedIn Sales and Marketing Solutions EMEA.
Humor in Marketing: Marketoonist Tom Fishburne on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneVeteran content marketer, cartoonist, and author Tom Fishburne (Your Ad Ignored Here: Cartoons From 15 Years of Marketing, Business, and Doodling in Meetings) talks about the role of humor in marketing and why cartoons might be the ultimate content marketing ...
How to Incite Action With Marketing: Use 'The Red Thread.' Tamsen Webster on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMessage strategist Tamsen Webster explains "The Red Thread"—a framework for structuring communications that will move your audience to action.
Creating Tinseltown-Worthy Branded Video Content: Vern Oakley on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneHollywood-filmmaker-turned-brand-storyteller Vern Oakley provides tips and advice for marketers on how to use video to showcase the human side of their organization.
Creating Brand Fans on a Grand Scale: Musician Peter Hollens on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMusician Peter Hollens built a following of more than 1.5 million YouTube subscribers through collaboration, a commitment to regular content, and audience feedback. The lessons he learned can help marketers build their own valuable audiences.
A Simple Formula for Effective Content: They Ask, You Answer! Marcus Sheridan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarcus Sheridan used blogging to turn his struggling pool business around. Now he's a content marketing consultant for some of the world's top companies. In this episode, Marcus offers a sneak preview of marketing secrets from his forthcoming book 'They ...
If You're Not Gating Your Videos, You're Doing It Wrong: Kristen Craft of Wistia on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneKristen Craft of video hosting company Wistia shares the secret to creating video content that converts.
Social Media, CX, and Lessons From Working With Steve Jobs: LiveWorld's Peter Friedman on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgonePeter Friedman, former Apple vice-president, and founder and CEO of LiveWorld, shares insights on social media for brands, customer experience, and business.
Backlinks, Hiring Tips, and Building a Business Overseas: Kris Reid on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSearch engine optimization expert Kris Reid shares tips for optimizing content and unconventional approaches for hiring talent. He also discusses how (and why) to build a business overseas.
Whose Content Is It Anyway? Better Marketing Through Improv: Kathy Klotz-Guest on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneKathy Klotz-Guest, business storytelling strategist and author, shares insights from her new book, Stop Boring Me! How to Create Kick-A** Marketing Content, Products and Ideas Through the Power of Improv.
Content: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Talking Shop: Content Planning Challenges, Trends, and OpportunitiesBroadcast on 4/24/2018 with Ann Handley, Robert Rose, Brody DorlandJoin us for Talking Shop: Content Planning Challenges, Trends, and Opportunities to hear three of today's top content gurus discuss the most noteworthy issues and opportunities that content marketers face today. Walk away with ideas and strategies you can implement right away—to make your job easier and make your content work harder. Sponsored by DivvyHQ
- Content Strategy for B2B Lead GenerationBroadcast on 4/19/2018 with Andy CrestodinaIn this Teach Me How seminar, Andy Crestodina will walk you through each step in the process for driving B2B leads with content marketing, from first action to final outcome. You'll learn how to become a dual-threat marketer by combining search and psychology, SEO with conversion optimization, and cheese and mousetraps. You'll leave with the tools to make your content drive the right leads to you.
- Digital Breadcrumbs: Storytelling That Connects and Converts Across PlatformsBroadcast on 1/18/2018 with Carla JohnsonIn this Teach Me How seminar, discover the magic to storytelling in a digital world that inspires people to take action across channels. You'll learn five secrets that the most successful brands use to create cohesive narratives and how to tell stories that shift your content from noisy to necessary. You'll leave ready to create seamless, connected tales that inspire your audience to follow your trail to greater engagement and more conversions.
- How to Succeed at LinkedIn Content Marketing: Three Must-Have StrategiesBroadcast on 12/14/2017 with Viveka von RosenIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll hear about three powerful content marketing strategies using specific LinkedIn tools. You'll discover how to capture your leads' interest with LinkedIn's publishing platform, native video, and long-form updates. You'll also learn how to use these strategies to increase your brand's visibility to keep you top of mind among your audience and cement your positioning as a leader in your industry.
- How to Add Live Streaming Video to Your Marketing MixBroadcast on 10/19/2017 with Ashley FausIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn how to use live stream video to connect with your community; the pros and cons of choosing a live streaming app over a traditional video, webinar, or podcast; and the types of stories you can tell with these emerging platforms. You'll also discover how brands across several industries have had success with live streaming video.
- High-Performance Content Marketing: Create More Compelling Content Using a Custom Content ArchitectureBroadcast on 10/12/2017 with Shelly BowenIn this online seminar, you'll learn the key steps to creating your own content architecture blueprint. You'll discover how to ensure your blueprint covers your core messaging priorities so it serves as your guide from process to execution, and how to customize it to meet your company's needs and goals.
- The Meat and Potatoes of Podcasting: How to Create a Successful PodcastBroadcast on 8/17/2017 with Kerry O'Shea GorgoneIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn the key steps to starting a podcast, from setting goals to recording and editing to promoting your published show. You'll leave with the tools to help you rock the mic—and make sure your podcast succeeds!
- The Content Formula: How to Create and Measure Content That ConvertsBroadcast on 6/15/2017 with Michael BrennerIn this Teach Me How seminar, we'll show you 10 ways you can quantify the return on your marketing through a consistent content approach. You'll also learn how to use content to create an appealing destination that your customers can't wait to visit again and again.
- Writers Need to Know Content Trends, Too: Marketing Writing BootcampBroadcast on 6/1/2017 with Julia McCoyIn this online seminar, you'll learn how to fine-tune your content planning and development to better mirror reader habits. You'll discover what your audiences want to read and need to know, and how to reach and genuinely influence prospects. You'll leave with the tools to harness your readers' preferences to improve your content's trust factor.
- How to Adapt: Creating a Content Strategy for MobileBroadcast on 4/6/2017 with Christina IngeIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to create device-agnostic content that reaches your target audience and achieves your communication objectives. You'll come away with strategies to tell even the most complex B2B sales story, or engage the most niche B2C consumers, with awesome content—on any platform!
Content: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Eight Steps to Making Great Smartphone VideosReleased on 11/18/2016 with Jeremy A. WilliamsIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn about essential planning considerations for smartphone videos. From outlining what you're going to shoot to ensuring you have all your accessories, this Take 10 will make sure you're (over) prepared for your next video shoot.
- Take 10: A Step-by-Step Guide to Launching an Employee Advocacy ProgramReleased on 9/23/2016 with Stephan HovnanianIn just 10 minutes, we'll go through the seven steps you need to launch an engaging and highly successful employee advocacy program. You'll learn how to define success, create a content strategy, and get the right people involved from the start so your program can grow.
- Take 10: Five Simple Ways to Lower Your Bounce RatesReleased on 3/18/2016 with Sherice JacobIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five simple ways to lower your bounce rates. We'll discuss the importance of great copy, common layout and navigation issues, and little-known pitfalls that could cause visitors to leave.
- Take 10: Nine Things to Remove From Your WebsiteReleased on 3/11/2016 with Andy CrestodinaIn just 10 minutes, we'll ask the tough questions about your website content including: do you really want people to click that? And does it even work as website content? From press releases and email links, to PDFs and cat videos, we'll show you nine things to remove from your website so you'll want to run (not walk) to your content management system for immediate changes.
- Take 10: How to Develop an Effective PodcastReleased on 1/22/2016 with Bob KnorppIn just 10 minutes, the creator of one of today's most successful B2B podcasts will break down the process of creating a program that provides your listeners with content they'll be eager to hear and achieves your business objectives. We'll also share expert tips on script development, the importance of consistency, and how to prepare your guests for a more interesting conversation.
- Take 10: 10 Tips for Creating Quality Video on Your SmartphoneReleased on 12/18/2015 with Rocky WallsIn just 10 minutes, we'll share simple, straight-to-the-point tips for creating high-quality video using your smartphone. From shooting, to sharing, to editing, you'll leave with actionable tactics you can put to use right away.
- Take 10: Make the Most of Pinterest—How to Harness the Power of Pins for Real ROIReleased on 11/20/2015 with Dana KellyIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through Pinterest's content best practices and share effective content distribution tactics. You'll learn which content trends can help drive growth in your own Pinterest community. We'll give you the tools and tips you need to achieve positive ROI from your Pinterest efforts.
- Take 10: Repurpose Content for Your BlogReleased on 11/13/2015 with Allie Gray FreelandIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to save time and resources by maximizing the lifetime value of your pre-existing content. We'll walk you through how to repurpose content for your blog, so you can breathe new life into press releases, sales decks, customer service transcripts, social content, and more.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Make Sure Your Press Release Gets NoticedReleased on 9/18/2015 with Nash RigginsIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through three simple steps to ensure your press releases make it to print. You'll learn how to craft a newsworthy angle, adhere to universal journalistic guidelines, and give editors just the right amount of spice to help your press release stand out from the rest.
- Take 10: Digital Marketing Is a Circle of TrustReleased on 6/12/2015 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create utility content—content that serves a purpose or solves a problem—and how this helps drive qualified traffic. In addition, we'll share insight on paid, owned, and earned media, how to use it to keep you in the circle of trust, and how to make it work to your advantage.
Content: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- An Earful of Advice for the Podcasting BeginnerThis 34-page beginner's guide will help you understand the essentials of podcasting.
- Build Your Content Marketing Dream TeamIn this 22-page guide, we'll explain how to identify the key hires you need to get your content marketing dream team started, how to add players to the bench from some unexpected places, and what skills will be required of the people you hire.
- 62 Best Practices of Top Business BloggersThis 24-page guide will provide you with valuable nuggets of wisdom that will help you supercharge your business blog. You’ll learn directly from a long list of strategies that have proven effective for top business bloggers.
- Video Marketing: How to Roll Video Into Your Media MixIn this 16-page guide, we'll explore the benefits of video marketing, the variety of video formats, and how to make video on a budget. We'll also look at how to use social media with video and strategies for cashing in on video.
- SEO for Content Marketers: How to Push Your Content to the TopIn this 23-page guide, we cover five steps for optimizing your content and making Google (and the other search engines) happy so that she'll share your content with the right folks and send those prospects your way.
- Inbound Marketing: The Art of AttractionIn this 22-page guide, you'll learn how to understand the true value your company has in the marketplace, create great content in multiple iterations that meets customers where they are, and market your content across multiple channels to cement the relationship and convert prospects to leads.
- How to Create the Ultimate Case StudyIn this 28-page guide, you'll be given an 8-step plan for creating the ultimate case study—one that will meet your prospect's needs, and in turn, help you get the results you want.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.