That increased price sensitivity may stem from shoppers' concerns about how much their dollars will buy, with 42% of survey respondents saying they feel their purchasing power has decreased in the past year.
Below are the additional findings from Parago's third annual Shopper Behavior Study.
Deal Seeking Increases
- Before shopping, 80% of consumers surveyed said they look for deals, rebates, and the best prices, compared with 69% in 2012.
- 46% of consumers surveyed shopped where they could use their smartphones to check prices; only 11% did so in 2012.
- Price was the most important purchase driver for every income level below $200,000 and three times more influential on purchase decision than any other criteria overall.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Holiday Shopping Trends for 2018: Consumers' Spend and Gift Plans
- Consumers' Gift Card Preferences in the Digital Age
- What Shoppers Want: Salesforce and Publicis.Sapient Research on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Staggering Amount of Data Generated Online Every Minute [Infographic]
- What Online Shoppers Value Most in Their Favorite Retailer [Infographic]