Moreover, just 40% or so agree with a recent statement by Sir Martin Sorrell, the chief executive officer of WPP Group, that Twitter is not an advertising medium.
Below, additional key findings from the study, The Next Generation of Marcoms, which surveyed 2,000 European students age 20-25 studying advertising, marketing communications, design, PR, and events.
- 89% of students surveyed say social media is a channel that all marketing practitioners should use and that it is not a standalone discipline.
- 85% either agree or strongly agree that by 2023 standalone social media and digital marketing agencies will disappear as the channels become a discipline for all marketers.
- 70% either agree or strongly agree that 20-25 year-olds today are not digital natives—and that the generation 10 years younger than them are the "true digital natives."
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns