Three-quarters of US children 8 and under now have access to some type of "smart" mobile device at home (such as a smartphone or tablet), a jump from 52% just two years ago, according to a recent report by Common Sense Media.
In particular, access to tablets has spiked, with a fivefold increase in ownership of devices such as iPads in the past two years among families with young children: from 8% in 2011 to 40% in 2013.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on a nationally representative survey of 1,463 US parents of children age 8 and under.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Boost Your Open Rates With Messaging Apps [Infographic]
- The Mobile Opportunity: Recognizing the Power of Apps and the Mobile Web
- When Is the Right Time for Mobile Marketing Messages?
- The Summer Road Trip in 2019: Mobile and Social Trends [Infographic]
- Mobile Wallet Usage Around the World [Infographic]