Personalized promotional emails sent during 2013 had 26% higher unique open rates and 41% higher unique click rates than non-personalized mailings, according to a recent report from Experian Marketing Services.
Personalized triggered marketing mailings had similar lifts, with 25% higher unique open rates and 51% higher unique click rates.
The effectiveness of personalization varied by industry, Experian's analysis found: CPG (+6%) and media (+15%) organizations recorded smaller increases in unique open rates, whereas travel (+65%) and multichannel (+37%) retailers registered major jumps.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Email Year in Review: 2019's Important Developments in Email
- Five Ways to Boost Your Email Campaigns' Inbox Placement in 2020
- Emails Design Trends for 2020: The Future Is Here [Infographic]
- What You Should Know About Your Audience Before Creating the Perfect Email Workflow
- How Long Does It Take to Produce a Marketing Email?