Perhaps not surprisingly, most marketers (80%) say they focus on "creating relevant and compelling content" in their emails. The next most popular tactics are personalization (72%) and segmentation (61%).
Other popular tactics are integrating email with other channels (55%), engaging email subscribers via social media (42%), and testing email messaging (42%).
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 518 global marketing and sales decision-makers.
- 51% say creating relevant and compelling content is the most effective email tactic.
- 15% say personalization is most effective and another 15% pick segmentation.
Creating relevant and compelling content is the most difficult tactic to execute, according to 40% of those who use it.
- 70% say their email programs are "somewhat successful" in achieving important objectives.
- Only 17% rate their email marketing programs as "very successful."
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 518 marketing and sales decision-makers from around the world (67% US-based, 16% Europe, 7% Canada, 10% Other).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Seven Crucial Marketing Automation Workflows You Need for Building Campaigns
- 10 Email Marketing Do's and Don'ts for Campaign Success [Infographic]
- Five Steps for Leading Email Marketing Through Change and Crisis
- How COVID-19 Affected Email Benchmarks in 19 Industries in Spring 2020
- COVID-19 and Email Marketing: What to Do When Reopening Is on the Horizon