In its analysis, the company examined the the average visit duration, pages per visit, and bounce rate for visitors referred to its network of 200,000+ websites from eight social media platforms: Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Reddit, Twitter, StumbleUpon, and YouTube.
On average, YouTube was the top performer across all three metrics, Shareaholic found. The video platform's referrals to websites have the lowest average bounce rate (43.19%), the highest pages per visit (2.99), and the longest visit duration (227.82 seconds).
Although Google+ and LinkedIn drive the fewest social referrals to Shareaholic's network, they also bring in some of the most engaged visitors, according to the research:
- Google+ users, on average, spend more than three minutes diving into content on websites shared by connections in their circles; they also visit 2.45 pages during each visit and bounce only 50.63% of the time.
- LinkedIn users spend 2:13 minutes on average on each link they click, viewing 2.23 pages with each visit, and bouncing 51.28% of the time.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- What Consumers Want From Brands: Transparency on Social Media
- New and Exciting Ways Brands Are Using AI on Social Media
- Blog and Social Media Use by Fortune 500 Companies in 2018
- Never Miss a Step in Your Social Media Marketing Schedule [Checklist]
- Why and How You Should Use Instagram's IGTV to Improve Your Social Media Video Strategy