In its analysis, the company examined the the average visit duration, pages per visit, and bounce rate for visitors referred to its network of 200,000+ websites from eight social media platforms: Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Reddit, Twitter, StumbleUpon, and YouTube.
On average, YouTube was the top performer across all three metrics, Shareaholic found. The video platform's referrals to websites have the lowest average bounce rate (43.19%), the highest pages per visit (2.99), and the longest visit duration (227.82 seconds).
Although Google+ and LinkedIn drive the fewest social referrals to Shareaholic's network, they also bring in some of the most engaged visitors, according to the research:
- Google+ users, on average, spend more than three minutes diving into content on websites shared by connections in their circles; they also visit 2.45 pages during each visit and bounce only 50.63% of the time.
- LinkedIn users spend 2:13 minutes on average on each link they click, viewing 2.23 pages with each visit, and bouncing 51.28% of the time.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns