Overall, 70% of American mobile subscribers of all ages are smartphone owners, the analysis of 1Q14 survey data found. Moreover, smartphone penetration continues to grow, with 85% of recent buyers having selected a smartphone when purchasing their new handset.
The most popular operating system for US smartphones is Android (52% of all phones). Apple's iOS is the second most popular platform (42%), followed far behind by Windows Phone (3%), and Blackberry (2%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Mobile Opportunity: Recognizing the Power of Apps and the Mobile Web
- When Is the Right Time for Mobile Marketing Messages?
- The Summer Road Trip in 2019: Mobile and Social Trends [Infographic]
- Mobile Wallet Usage Around the World [Infographic]
- How to Use Augmented Reality to Attract Customers [Animated Infographic]