The poll of 4,504 mobile consumers in Brazil, China, India, Vietnam, and Nigeria found that 32% of respondents would ideally like their next device to come from Apple and 29% would prefer it be made by Samsung.
Nokia is the third most-favored brand (13% of respondents), followed far behind by HTC (5.4%), BlackBerry (4.3%), Sony Ericsson (4%), and LG (3.8%).
Manufacturer preference varies significantly by country, age, and gender:
- Apple's lead is higher than average in the 16-34 age segment across all markets (36% of respondents favor), as well as with females (34%) and in China (41%).
- Samsung fares better in the 45+ age segment (36%), as well as in Brazil and India (36% of respondents in each).
- Nokia’s scores better than average in Vietnam (21%) and India (17%), but below average in Nigeria and China.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Mobile Opportunity: Recognizing the Power of Apps and the Mobile Web
- When Is the Right Time for Mobile Marketing Messages?
- The Summer Road Trip in 2019: Mobile and Social Trends [Infographic]
- Mobile Wallet Usage Around the World [Infographic]
- How to Use Augmented Reality to Attract Customers [Animated Infographic]