The ranking was based on data from the BrandIndex Buzz Poll, which regularly asks respondents this question: "If you've heard anything about the brand in the last two weeks, through advertising, news, or word of mouth, was it positive or negative?"
Amazon ranked No. 1 on the 2013 US Buzz List and retained its top spot in the first half of 2014 thanks largely to the expansion of its Prime service and streaming media offerings, as well as the announcement of its Fire smartphone.
The Subway restaurant chain is second on the list, thanks in part to the installation of Keurig Green Mountain’s new coffee brewing machines in all its stores and its sponsorship of the NHL Playoff Overtime reports on NBC-TV.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Sustainable Branding: Why Leading With Green Misses the Mark, and What to Do Instead
- Old Logo vs. New Logo: How Consumers Feel About Six Brand Redesigns
- Six Ways to Strengthen Your Brand Through Product Packaging
- How to Inspire People to Love Your Brand the Way They Love Harry Potter (or Starbucks or Disney or MarketingProfs!): David Meerman Scott on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Achieve Cultural Velocity (And Why You Need to): Jonah Berger and Stefan Burford on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]