However, 87% of the brands examined in 2Q14 had their Walls closed to comments, up 2% from 1Q14, indicating that many companies still remain wary of providing customer service via Facebook.
Below, key findings from the report, which was based on 2Q14 data from 54,000 Facebook Pages belonging to brands from around the world.
- Users posted more than 1.5 million questions in 2Q14 to the brand Pages examined; of those, more than 500,000 questions were left answered.
- Telecom companies received 431,00 questions from consumers via Facebook in the second quarter, nearly three times as many as any other industry.
- Airlines had the best overall response rate (84%) to questions posed on Facebook of any industry, but they also had less volume than others.
- The telecom and retail industries had both a high volume of questions and a high overall response rate.
- The average response time by brands to questions posed on Facebook decreased by 30 minutes in 2Q14, though it still averaged longer than a day.
- Telecom companies had a significantly faster average response time (13 hours 25 minutes) than any other industry.
About the research: The report was based on 2Q14 data from 54,000 Facebook Pages belonging to brands from around the world.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Set Your Marketing Ablaze: Ryan Stewart Talks Cannabis Marketing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Are Marketers Friends With Their Coworkers on Social Media?
- Top 5 Mistakes Companies Make on Instagram, and What to Do Instead
- The Work Life of a Social Media Manager [Infographic]
- Five Best-Practices for B2B Social Media Influencer Marketing