Christmas-themed and general winter holiday season emails have higher open rates when sent weeks or even months earlier than immediately before the target holiday, according to a recent report from Yesmail Interactive.
However, themed emails for holidays that do not usually involve gift-giving (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday) have the best open rates right before the holiday or actually on it.
Below, key findings from the report, which was based on fourth quarter 2013 data from the email campaigns of 30 major brands.
Christmas/Winter Holiday Emails
- Christmas and general winter holiday season email campaigns had higher open rates last year in late October/November than in December.
- During the three weeks leading up to Christmas, base (non-themed) campaigns received marginally higher open rates than Christmas-themed ones, and general winter holiday-themed emails received the same engagement rates as base campaigns.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Email, Content, and SEO: A Marketing Tag-Team for 2019 and Beyond
- Retail Email Engagement and Spend Level: A Correlation
- Eight Tips for Making Email Campaigns Mobile-Friendly [Infographic]
- Why You Need a Modern Email Preference Center and How to Build One
- What Every Marketer Needs to Know About Email Deliverability