Global consumers appear to be engaging in more multi-screen rather than mobile-only email interactions this year, the analysis found. Moreover, in November, less than half of the emails examined were opened on a mobile device, a decrease from last year when mobile open rates surpassed 50%.
The report was based on data from 16 billion email opens that occurred between October 2013 and December 2014.
Other key holiday mobile email trends highlighted in the report:
- Last year, 62% of all email opens occurred on mobile devices on Christmas Day; the proportion this year could serve as a good indicator of whether the move to mobile has accelerated or steadied.
- Despite reports of declining sales, iPads continue make up more than 20% of email opens on iOS devices, indicating people may be sticking with their existing tablets rather than using them less.
- Residents of the United Kingdom average the most mobile emails opens (60%) of any country examined.
- Apparel retailers have the highest mobile email open rates (59%) of any industry.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Your Giant Email Marketing Statistics Guide [Infographic]
- How to Choose the Most Appealing Images for Your Email and Content Marketing
- Groundhogs, Coffee, and Oktoberfest: Top-Performing Unconventional Email Themes
- Five Email Trends and Best-Practices for 2019
- Four Steps to Ensure Your Email Campaigns Work