The report was based on data from a survey of 130 email marketers conducted in November.
Other top email resolutions for the year ahead include creating a more holistic marketing plan that integrates social, mobile, email, etc., (20% of respondents cited); improving data collection and management (14%); and increasing the use of email marketing tools (such as A/B split testing, email automation, etc.) to improve results (14%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Top Regrets of 2014
- 14% of email marketers surveyed regret not doing enough targeted testing on their marketing content in 2014.
- 11% regret not thoroughly analyzing and using the data they had access to.
- 11% say they they feel bad about having inconsistent messaging across their digital channels.
- 41% of respondents say click-through rate is the top metric they use to judge the success of an email campaign.
- 38% say open rate is their top metric.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 130 email marketers conducted in November.