The survey of more than 1,000 US consumers found 44% say they receive too many emails on their smartphones and 37% say many of the messages they receive are irrelevant.
Other top complaints with emails received on smartphones include the following: Messages are too small to read and interact with (32% don't like); difficulty seeing full websites on devices after clicking through (26%); and messages are often jumbled/not well-formatted for phones (21%).
Some 18% of respondents say they have no problems at all with their mobile email experience.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Email Tactics Used by Senders With High Open Rates
- 14 Ways to Use Email Marketing (Besides Sending Newsletters)
- Email Marketing and Artificial Intelligence: What's Coming and What You Need to Know
- 10 Email Subject Line Formulas to Skyrocket Your Open Rate
- Work Email Behavior: Time, Inbox, and Usefulness Trends