The New England Patriots have the most followers of any team (1.17 million), the analysis found. However, that lead is partly a reflection of the team's large market size.
To determine which organizations have the most engaged fans on Twitter, not just the largest markets, the researchers examined how many followers each NFL team has per 100 residents.
By that measure, the Green Bay Packers come out on top with 40.2 followers per 100 residents; the New Orleans Saints (39.9) are second, followed by the Pittsburgh Steelers and Buffalo Bills.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- A Detailed LinkedIn Guide for Small Businesses [Infographic]
- The Most Annoying Types of People on the Internet [Infographic]
- Brand Posts on Instagram: Engagement and Frequency Trends
- TikTok: The Next Big Thing in Video Marketing? [Infographic]
- Less Facebook, More Snapchat: How Social Media Habits Vary Among Generations