The New England Patriots have the most followers of any team (1.17 million), the analysis found. However, that lead is partly a reflection of the team's large market size.
To determine which organizations have the most engaged fans on Twitter, not just the largest markets, the researchers examined how many followers each NFL team has per 100 residents.
By that measure, the Green Bay Packers come out on top with 40.2 followers per 100 residents; the New Orleans Saints (39.9) are second, followed by the Pittsburgh Steelers and Buffalo Bills.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Rate Card: How Much Social Influencers Charge Brands
- How Twitter's Algorithm Works (And How to Make It Work for You) [infographic]
- The Online Platforms With the Greatest Amount of Offensive Content [Infographic]
- The Top Influencers on Pinterest [Infographic]
- Social Media Image Sizes in 2019 [Infographic]