The New England Patriots have the most followers of any team (1.17 million), the analysis found. However, that lead is partly a reflection of the team's large market size.
To determine which organizations have the most engaged fans on Twitter, not just the largest markets, the researchers examined how many followers each NFL team has per 100 residents.
By that measure, the Green Bay Packers come out on top with 40.2 followers per 100 residents; the New Orleans Saints (39.9) are second, followed by the Pittsburgh Steelers and Buffalo Bills.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How Effective Is Your Brand on Social Media? Here's How You Can Measure That.
- How to Plan Your Social Media Marketing: Four Tools for Approvals, Workflow, and Collaboration
- 21 Instagram Stats Every E-Commerce Brand Should Know [Infographic]
- Five Things Micro-Influencers Want Brands to Understand in 2019
- Get Started on Your Social Media Plan (Because It Matters to Your Customer Marketing)