Which words in subject lines significantly increase consumer opens of marketing emails, and which words significantly decrease opens?
To find out, Alchemy Worx used the Touchstone platform to analyze data from 21 billion marketing emails sent by 2,500 brands. The research included an examination of thousands of subject lines, word by word, to determine their influence on open rates.
The words in subject lines that increase open rates most, on average, are upgrade (+65.7% compared with average open rate), just (+64.8%), content (+59%), go (+55.8%), and wonderful (+55.1%), the analysis found.
The words that have the largest negative impact on open rates are miss (-4.6% compared with average open rate), deals (-4.4%), groovy (-4.3%), conditions (-4%), and Friday (-4%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Email, Content, and SEO: A Marketing Tag-Team for 2019 and Beyond
- Retail Email Engagement and Spend Level: A Correlation
- Eight Tips for Making Email Campaigns Mobile-Friendly [Infographic]
- Why You Need a Modern Email Preference Center and How to Build One
- What Every Marketer Needs to Know About Email Deliverability