The report was based on data from Global Web Index's panel of Internet users age 16-64 from 31 countries (China excluded). Panelists were asked about their habits on four major social networks: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Google+.
Some 81% of panelists are Facebook members, the most of any of the four social networks examined. Facebook also has the highest percentage of active users (42% of panelists).
However, YouTube has the most monthly visitors (i.e., people who do not necessarily log in) of the four networks. Some 82% of panelists say they visited YouTube in the previous month.
YouTube also has the most visitors in all regions tracked (the Americas, EMEA, and APAC), Global Web Index found.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 10 Simple Tips and Tropes for Writing Engaging Social Media Copy
- How to Create Engaging Instagram Carousel Posts [Infographic]
- Set Your Marketing Ablaze: Ryan Stewart Talks Cannabis Marketing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Are Marketers Friends With Their Coworkers on Social Media?
- Top 5 Mistakes Companies Make on Instagram, and What to Do Instead