Do consumers like humor in marketing emails? Do they prefer formal or informal language? Is it acceptable to include the occasional "LOL" and "BTW"?
BuzzStream and Fractl recently set out to answer such questions by surveying 1,200 people between the age of 18 and 64 about out their email etiquette preferences. The researchers segmented the findings by gender, age, and level of education to see how demographic factors influence preferences.
Below, key findings from the report.
Formality and Vocabulary
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Email Marketing and Artificial Intelligence: What's Coming and What You Need to Know
- 10 Email Subject Line Formulas to Skyrocket Your Open Rate
- Work Email Behavior: Time, Inbox, and Usefulness Trends
- The 10 Most Mentioned Features in Email Software Reviews
- Email, Content, and SEO: A Marketing Tag-Team for 2019 and Beyond