Are people more likely to say that they love or hate their jobs on Twitter? Does the ratio of love to hate tweets vary by industry, gender, day of the week?
Overall, people on Twitter seem more happy than upset with their jobs—or at least they're more likely to post positive tweets than negative tweets. Of the 1.1 million messages examined, 942,000 included the phrase "love my job," whereas only 201,000 included the phrase "hate my job."
People working in certain industries are much more likely to tweet about loving or hating their jobs, the analysis found. For example, 37% of all the "hate my job" tweets examined came from retail workers.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Establishing Work-Life Boundaries Is Key to Happiness: Author Carlos Hidalgo on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Be Happier at Work [Infographic]
- The Top Characteristics of Successful SMB Leaders
- Game of Time: How to Slay Productivity-Killing Dragons [Infographic]
- The Most In-Demand Content Marketing Skills