The report was based on an analysis of more than 4.8 million tweets sent by 10,000 Twitter accounts from around the world. The researchers looked at tweet volume, clicks, and engagement (favorites, replies, and retweets) in 10 time zones globally. The charts below show the averages in local time across all the time zones examined. To see how the results vary by country and region, check out the full report.
Below, key findings from the analysis.
Most Popular Tweet Times
- The highest volume of tweets occurs on average between 11 AM and 1 PM, local time, the analysis found.
- The highest volume hour for tweeting varies significantly by location; for example, 9 AM is the most popular tweet time in San Francisco whereas noon is the most popular tweet time in New York.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- A Timeline of Select Social Media Platforms [Infographic]
- How Effective Is Your Brand on Social Media? Here's How You Can Measure That.
- How to Plan Your Social Media Marketing: Four Tools for Approvals, Workflow, and Collaboration
- 21 Instagram Stats Every E-Commerce Brand Should Know [Infographic]
- Five Things Micro-Influencers Want Brands to Understand in 2019