The report was based on 2Q15 Yesmail data for marketing campaigns sent by brands in a wide-range of industries.
Email volume for subscribers increased 11% year-over-year between 2Q14 and 2Q15, the analysis found. Simultaneously, email open rates increased 10% year-over-year.
Moreover, it appears that marketers have been able to reduce the number of never active subscribers (i.e., consumers who opt in for brand emails but never open or click) by implementing effective engagement and database strategies. In 2Q15 the proportion of never active subscribers was 69%, an all-time low.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Email Tactics Used by Senders With High Open Rates
- 14 Ways to Use Email Marketing (Besides Sending Newsletters)
- Email Marketing and Artificial Intelligence: What's Coming and What You Need to Know
- 10 Email Subject Line Formulas to Skyrocket Your Open Rate
- Work Email Behavior: Time, Inbox, and Usefulness Trends