Moreover, 84% of holiday shoppers say free shipping influences their online holiday purchase decisions to some degree.
The report was based on data from a survey of 1,000 US holiday shoppers who were asked about what they want to see from retailers during the season and what makes them want to buy. A separate survey was sent to 100 major US retailers asking how they plan to entice shoppers this holiday season.
Despite the overwhelming popularity of free shipping, just 18% of the online-only merchants polled say they plan to offer it on all purchases this holiday season; 41% plan to offer free shipping on certain order values/at certain times, and 29% plan to do so as limited-time promotions.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Home Is at the Heart of Commerce Marketing [Infographic]
- How Concerned Are Consumers About Online Privacy?
- Neuroscience and Marketing Storytelling: Context Is Everything [Video]
- Context Is Everything: Consumer Behavior [Video]
- Super Distracted: What Consumers Do During the Super Bowl [Infographic]