The report was based on data from a survey of 3,458 consumers in the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, and New Zealand.
The US leads expected spending growth, with 29% of US respondents saying they plan to spend more this year. Most Canadian shoppers, on the other hand, say they are tightening their budgets this year.
Millennial respondents (age 18-29) are the most likely to say they will increase their spending this year, whereas older consumers are the most likely to say they'll stick with last years budget.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Top Factors That Slow B2B Purchases
- How to Use Psychology to Improve Your Digital Marketing Campaigns [Infographic]
- Holiday Planning: How and When to Market for Thanksgiving [Infographic]
- Holiday Shopping Trends for 2018: Consumers' Spend and Gift Plans
- Consumers' Gift Card Preferences in the Digital Age