Good to Great, the management study by Jim Collins about companies that perform better than their peers, is the most recommended book by Fortune 500 CEOs, according to a recent poll conducted by Julia Wittrock and Grant Hensel.
Each executive was asked which books they would suggest reading in preparation for a career in business.
Good to Great was picked by 35 CEOs, making it the most recommended book by far. Execution by Larry Bossidy and Ram Charan, which explores how successful companies get things done, was the second-most suggested book (8 recommendations).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Your Guide to Credit Card Processing Fees and Rates [Infographic]
- What Workers Want Most From Employers
- The Gig Economy and You: Jeremiah Owyang on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- 10 Ways to Build Trust With Employees [Infographic]
- How to Get to Great Ideas by Pushing Past the Obvious: Dave Birss Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]