Good to Great, the management study by Jim Collins about companies that perform better than their peers, is the most recommended book by Fortune 500 CEOs, according to a recent poll conducted by Julia Wittrock and Grant Hensel.
Each executive was asked which books they would suggest reading in preparation for a career in business.
Good to Great was picked by 35 CEOs, making it the most recommended book by far. Execution by Larry Bossidy and Ram Charan, which explores how successful companies get things done, was the second-most suggested book (8 recommendations).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Grow Your Company Fast: 'Scale or Fail' Author Allison Maslan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Put the 'Function' in Cross-Functional Teams [Infographic]
- Seven Challenges Plaguing the Modern Workplace [Infographic]
- Five Ways to Use Video in Your Hiring Process
- How to Use an Agile Marketing Strategy to Improve Your Marketing Campaigns