Good to Great, the management study by Jim Collins about companies that perform better than their peers, is the most recommended book by Fortune 500 CEOs, according to a recent poll conducted by Julia Wittrock and Grant Hensel.
Each executive was asked which books they would suggest reading in preparation for a career in business.
Good to Great was picked by 35 CEOs, making it the most recommended book by far. Execution by Larry Bossidy and Ram Charan, which explores how successful companies get things done, was the second-most suggested book (8 recommendations).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- When (and How) to Use Marketing Automation: Katie Robbert on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Data Troubles: What If You're Trying, But You Still Don't Know Much About Your Customers
- Six Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Marketing Agency
- How to Ensure a Sound RFP Bid: Six Best-Practices to Achieve Success
- The Five Most Effective Applications of AI for Marketing: Christopher S. Penn on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]