Good to Great, the management study by Jim Collins about companies that perform better than their peers, is the most recommended book by Fortune 500 CEOs, according to a recent poll conducted by Julia Wittrock and Grant Hensel.
Each executive was asked which books they would suggest reading in preparation for a career in business.
Good to Great was picked by 35 CEOs, making it the most recommended book by far. Execution by Larry Bossidy and Ram Charan, which explores how successful companies get things done, was the second-most suggested book (8 recommendations).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- A CMO's Thanksgiving: Five Reasons I'm Thankful for Managing the Marketing Mayhem
- How Much Work Actually Gets Done at Work?
- How Productive Are Remote Workers?
- Politics, Social Media, and Work: How Attitudes Vary Among Generations
- Effective Marketing Project Management, Even If You Have No Experience