Good to Great, the management study by Jim Collins about companies that perform better than their peers, is the most recommended book by Fortune 500 CEOs, according to a recent poll conducted by Julia Wittrock and Grant Hensel.
Each executive was asked which books they would suggest reading in preparation for a career in business.
Good to Great was picked by 35 CEOs, making it the most recommended book by far. Execution by Larry Bossidy and Ram Charan, which explores how successful companies get things done, was the second-most suggested book (8 recommendations).
Check out the top ten picks below, and visit the full site to see the complete list of 138 books recommended by the CEOs polled.
About the research: The findings were based on data from a survey of 150 CEOs of Fortune 500 companies. Each executive was asked which book(s) they would suggest reading in preparation for a career in business.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Productivity, Time, and Money: The Benefits of Remote Work [Infographic]
- Turn Training Into Fun and Games (Literally): Level Ex CEO Sam Glassenberg on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Biggest Challenges to Aligning B2B Marketing and Sales Teams
- Strong Evidence That the Remote Workplace Is Here to Stay
- Trusting Remote Workers: The New Normal [Infographic]