The report was based on data from millions of emails sent by Yesmail customers in 4Q15, as well as data from previous quarters.
More than half of all opens in 4Q15 occurred on mobile devices both for brands that used responsive email design and for those that did not, the analysis found.
However, mobile clicks accounted for less than half of total clicks for brands that sent no responsive messages; in contrast, mobile clicks accounted for 58% of all email clicks for brands that sent only responsive messages.
In other words, consumers open both responsive and non-responsive emails on their smartphones at roughly the same rates, but they are much less likely to click through if they encounter messages that are not optimized for their devices.
Some 17% of the brands examined used responsive design in all the emails they sent in 4Q15, and 26.7% did not use responsive design in any of the emails they sent.
About the research: The report was based on data from millions of emails sent by Yesmail customers in 4Q15, as well as data from previous quarters.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Seven Crucial Marketing Automation Workflows You Need for Building Campaigns
- 10 Email Marketing Do's and Don'ts for Campaign Success [Infographic]
- Five Steps for Leading Email Marketing Through Change and Crisis
- How COVID-19 Affected Email Benchmarks in 19 Industries in Spring 2020
- COVID-19 and Email Marketing: What to Do When Reopening Is on the Horizon