The report was based on data from a survey of 1,251 consumers age 14-67 who live in the United States.
Some 85% of respondents say receiving discounts is one of the most important reasons they sign up for emails from brands.
Less than half—41%—say product/service updates is a key reason for signing up, 38% say they subscribe if they love a brand, and 27% want to be part of product research.
The top types of discounts that consumers want to receive in marketing emails are percentage-off offers (35% say they prefer those most), free shipping (20%), free trials (14%), and dollar-off promotions (14%).
Some 60% of respondents say they receive too many promotional emails from brands.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 1,251 consumers of age 14 to 67 who live in the United States.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Seven Crucial Marketing Automation Workflows You Need for Building Campaigns
- 10 Email Marketing Do's and Don'ts for Campaign Success [Infographic]
- Five Steps for Leading Email Marketing Through Change and Crisis
- How COVID-19 Affected Email Benchmarks in 19 Industries in Spring 2020
- COVID-19 and Email Marketing: What to Do When Reopening Is on the Horizon