The report was based on data from a survey of 1,251 consumers age 14-67 who live in the United States.
Some 85% of respondents say receiving discounts is one of the most important reasons they sign up for emails from brands.
Less than half—41%—say product/service updates is a key reason for signing up, 38% say they subscribe if they love a brand, and 27% want to be part of product research.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Email, Content, and SEO: A Marketing Tag-Team for 2019 and Beyond
- Retail Email Engagement and Spend Level: A Correlation
- Eight Tips for Making Email Campaigns Mobile-Friendly [Infographic]
- Why You Need a Modern Email Preference Center and How to Build One
- What Every Marketer Needs to Know About Email Deliverability