The number of search engine optimization (SEO) job openings has declined this year compared with 2015, and the average salaries of common SEO jobs have dropped as well, according to a recent report from Conductor.
The report was based on an analysis of 2016 US data from Indeed and Payscale.
The researchers examined the number of jobs posted online and the average salaries for positions such as SEO coordinator, SEO specialist, and SEO analyst.
The total number of SEO-related jobs posted declined 7% this year compared with 2015 in the 20 US cities with the most positions, the analysis found.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Game of Time: How to Slay Productivity-Killing Dragons [Infographic]
- The Most In-Demand Content Marketing Skills
- Market Like an Athlete, Not a Weekend Warrior: How to Avoid Ineffective Campaigns and Burnout
- Transform Your Life Through Small Changes: 'Atomic Habits' Author James Clear on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Take Calculated Risks [Infographic]