The report was based on an analysis of 118,000 emails sent by Yesmail clients during the two weeks leading up to Mother's Day in 2014 and 2015. More than 12,000 unique subject lines were included in the data set.
Nearly two-thirds of all Mother's Day-themed emails include subject lines the elicit at least one emotion, the analysis found.
The average open rate for these emails is 10.3%, compared with 8.5% for those that do not elicit an emotion.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How COVID-19 Affected Email Benchmarks in 19 Industries in Spring 2020
- COVID-19 and Email Marketing: What to Do When Reopening Is on the Horizon
- What If Your Email Metrics Are Off: Who's Really Clicking on Your Emails?
- Best (And Worst) Email Signoffs During COVID-19 [Infographic]
- Five Ways to Supercharge Your Email Marketing [Infographic]