The report was based on data from a survey conducted in August 2016 of 427 top marketers in the United States.
Marketers say they currently spend 11.7% of their annual budget on social media, on average. That is up from 7.1% in August 2011.
CMOs say they think they will spend 22.2% of their annual marketing budget on social media five years from now, the survey found.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Best-Practices for B2B Social Media Influencer Marketing
- LinkedIn Stories Is Almost Here: Will It Reinvent the B2B Social Media Landscape?
- Social Media Staffing: Employee, Agency, or Consultant? The Pros and Cons of Hiring Each.
- How COVID-19 Is Impacting Social Media Ad Rates and Engagement
- Before Implementing an Employee Advocacy Program, Do These Three Things