The report was based on data from a survey conducted in August 2016 of 427 top marketers in the United States.
Marketers say they currently spend 11.7% of their annual budget on social media, on average. That is up from 7.1% in August 2011.
CMOs say they think they will spend 22.2% of their annual marketing budget on social media five years from now, the survey found.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Never Miss a Step in Your Social Media Marketing Schedule [Checklist]
- Why and How You Should Use Instagram's IGTV to Improve Your Social Media Video Strategy
- The Influence of Instagram [Infographic]
- Social Selling for LinkedIn: Seven Practical Tips [Infographic]
- The Complete Guide to Reddit Marketing