The report was based on data from a survey conducted in August 2016 of 427 top marketers in the United States.
Marketers say they currently spend 11.7% of their annual budget on social media, on average. That is up from 7.1% in August 2011.
CMOs say they think they will spend 22.2% of their annual marketing budget on social media five years from now, the survey found.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement
- The Paid Social Platforms Marketers Plan to Invest In
- How (and Why) to Humanize Your Brand: Author Carlos Gil on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Employee Advocacy Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- Social Media Visibility Has a Price: 7 Things You Must Do