The report was based on data from a survey conducted in August 2016 of 427 top marketers in the United States.
Marketers say they currently spend 11.7% of their annual budget on social media, on average. That is up from 7.1% in August 2011.
CMOs say they think they will spend 22.2% of their annual marketing budget on social media five years from now, the survey found.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 21 Instagram Stats Every E-Commerce Brand Should Know [Infographic]
- Five Things Micro-Influencers Want Brands to Understand in 2019
- Get Started on Your Social Media Plan (Because It Matters to Your Customer Marketing)
- Instagram Benchmarks for Brands: Engagement, Hashtag, and Emoji Trends
- Facebook Reactions, Shares, and Comments: A 2018 Year in Review [Infographic]