Learn what Facebook now prioritizes in its News Feed, and why users come back to it over and over. You'll also score a primer on how hashtags work across different networks, Twitter benchmarks for the new year, and a site that brings together all the trends you'll ever need to navigate Tumblr. Skim to stay up to speed.
Love is on... a hashtag. For Valentine's Day, Revlon partnered with Google to create the #Loveison campaign. Users could visit the site to send loved ones a GIF (presumably of kisses?); the best were chosen to appear in a Times Square ad. As a result, love was on all over our socnets:
Happy 10th birthday, YouTube! YouTube's turned 10, and the Washington Post published a huge article on how it went from innocuous beginnings—a video of co-founder Jawed Karim at the San Diego Zoo (below)—to a major player in the cultural zeitgeist. Dig in to geek out on the realest reality TV we've ever had.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement
- The Paid Social Platforms Marketers Plan to Invest In
- How (and Why) to Humanize Your Brand: Author Carlos Gil on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Employee Advocacy Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- Social Media Visibility Has a Price: 7 Things You Must Do