The report was based on the 4Q14 Twitter activity of companies on the Interbrand 2014 Best 100 Global Brands list (145,828 tweets from 98 brands).
The percentage of top brands that tweet at least once a day increased from 92% in 4Q13 to 95% in 4Q14, and the total number of followers for the brands analyzed increased 38% year over year, the analysis found.
Most impressively, per-post engagement (favorites, retweets, replies, etc.) increased 85% year over year.
Below, additional key findings and benchmarks from the report.
- 82% of brands tweeted 1-6 times per day in 4Q14, excluding @replies and retweets.
- Only 6% of brands tweeted 10+ times per day, excluding @replies and retweets.
- Replies accounted for 68% of brand tweets in 4Q14.
- 48% of brands replied to at least one tweet per day.
Photo tweets made up 55% of the sent tweets analyzed in 4Q14 and accounted for 57% of all engagement.
Tweets with at least one hashtag averaged 184 replies and retweets each, whereas tweets with no hashtag averaged only 146 replies and retweets.
About the research: The report was based on the 4Q14 Twitter activity of the companies on the Interbrand 2014 Best 100 Global Brands list (145,828 tweets from 98 brands).
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Power Up Your B2B Marketing Efforts With Influencer Marketing and Private Communities | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Which Types of Social Media Posts Get the Most Interactions?
- 10 Simple Ways to Get More B2B Leads From Instagram
- How Business Owners Feel About Threads [Infographic]
- How Digital Creators Should Navigate the Metaverse | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How to Manage Online Comments—And Why You Need a Comment Strategy