The report was based on the 4Q14 Twitter activity of companies on the Interbrand 2014 Best 100 Global Brands list (145,828 tweets from 98 brands).
The percentage of top brands that tweet at least once a day increased from 92% in 4Q13 to 95% in 4Q14, and the total number of followers for the brands analyzed increased 38% year over year, the analysis found.
Most impressively, per-post engagement (favorites, retweets, replies, etc.) increased 85% year over year.
Below, additional key findings and benchmarks from the report.
- 82% of brands tweeted 1-6 times per day in 4Q14, excluding @replies and retweets.
- Only 6% of brands tweeted 10+ times per day, excluding @replies and retweets.
- Replies accounted for 68% of brand tweets in 4Q14.
- 48% of brands replied to at least one tweet per day.
Photo tweets made up 55% of the sent tweets analyzed in 4Q14 and accounted for 57% of all engagement.
Tweets with at least one hashtag averaged 184 replies and retweets each, whereas tweets with no hashtag averaged only 146 replies and retweets.
About the research: The report was based on the 4Q14 Twitter activity of the companies on the Interbrand 2014 Best 100 Global Brands list (145,828 tweets from 98 brands).
Continue reading "Twitter Benchmarks for Brand Accounts: 4Q14" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- So Many Social Media Outlets, So Little Time. So Where Should You Spend Your Marketing Budget?
- What Makes a Brand Best-in-Class on Social Media
- Clubhouse Accessibility Issues: The Root of Its Decline
- Why Social Media Should Leave Your Marketing Department—And Where It Should Go Instead
- What Marketers Need to Know About Clubhouse [Infographic]