This week's hottest headlines: Facebook takes on Craigslist with new Marketplace, tests own version of Snapchat Stories; LinkedIn-Microsoft deal to get new scrutiny; Twitter's Moments now rolled out globally and what it means for you; four tips to building trust and influence on LinkedIn; using Snapchat for lead generation, and much more...
Skim for all the important bits!
1. Facebook takes on Craigslist, eBay with new Marketplace
What do you do when 450 million people already show an interest in buying and selling personal items on your social network? You create a dedicated platform and tab within your mobile app for it. That's what Facebook did this week with the launch of its new Marketplace in the US, UK, Australia, and New Zealand. It lets users browse a relevancy-sorted feed of items to buy from people nearby, and also lets them list their own items for sale.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns