For a limited time only: Go PRO for just $195 with code HAPPYFALL »
Become a Member
Guides and Reports
Show All »
Metrics & ROI
Search Engine Marketing
More Marketing Topics »
See All »
Schedule of Events
Virtual Conference Series
Products and Services
Post a Question
Quick Start Guide
Find and Post Jobs
Real-World Education for Modern Marketers
Join Over 600,000 Marketing Professionals
Ask your question ... sign up today! It's FREE!
Just for Fun
MProfs PRO Seminar Q&A
Search more Know-How Exchange Q&A from Marketing Experts
This question has been answered, and points have been awarded.
Im Opening A Pet Store In Chile
11/14/2012 at 11:26 AM ET
I am opening a pet store in Chile in the long run I want to open a small-medium size chain. Im thinking of a name in English (must be short). In the first stage the shop will have pet accessories and food for dog, cats, birds and fish, second stage grooming and other services, like a mini Petsmart.
I need help with the name, Had my heart set on Pet Zone, but its already taken. So I need help guys! :)
I´ve though of these but all creative suggestions are ver, very welcomed:
1. Atomic Pet
2. Pet Project
3. Todo Pet (Everything Pet, in spanglish)
4. Cool Pet
5. Pet Party
6. Party Animal
7. Pets Plus
8. The Pet Bag (kinda hard to remeber for spanish speakers)
11/14/2012 at 11:42 AM
Have you gained—or do you have a solidly detailed overview of—the pet products market in Chile covering the last 5 years and that offers predictive clues for the next 5 years?
Do you know which sub sectors within the pet products niche in Chile are viable growth sectors and have you taken steps to identify the primary factors that are either slowing of speeding those market changes?
Do you have a solid, experience-based understanding of the competitive environment that makes up the pet niche in Chile?
Do you know and are you familiar with the Chilean pet market’s major players and lead selling brands?
Have you calculated your predicted overheads, profits, losses, and reinvestment percentages for this niche in Chile for market growth, so as to pave the way for your proposed expansion?
Have you equipped yourself and any business partners with reliable, fact-based forecasting scenarios that will help you adjust to changes in the Chilean pet products market?
If your answer to any of these questions is no, you may not be in a position just yet to think about names.
11/14/2012 at 12:28 PM
With your comment of "Pet Zone, but its already taken" do you mean taken as a dot com domain name, trademark ??
Of your list, I think "Pets Plus" has potential if it's available. Also, maybe one of the following will fill the bill:
11/14/2012 at 12:41 PM
"Pet's Palace" "Puts your pet first"
I do agree with Gary that if you want to start a chain, you do need to know your onions.
Okay, okay. Nobody keeps onions for pets, do they.
"You spoke" said Moriarty ... enjoy the summer down under in Chile!
11/15/2012 at 9:09 AM
1. Atomic Pet - not sure how "atomic" and "pet" go together.
2. Pet Project - This sounds more like a service organization than a store.
3. Todo Pet (Everything Pet, in spanglish) - this also "reads" as To Do Pet. Which might be confusing at first glance.
4. Cool Pet - This sounds more like a product for a pet than a store for all their needs.
5. Pet Party - This sounds more like a service for pets
6. Party Animal - For an English speaker, likely not to think about pets.
7. Pets Plus - This could work.
8. The Pet Bag (kinda hard to remember for spanish speakers) - This sounds more like a product for pets.
How about "Pet Central"?
11/15/2012 at 12:28 PM
11/26/2012 at 8:24 AM
I am closing this question since there hasn't been any activity in 10 days.
Thanks for participating!
Carrie (Production Editor)
11/27/2012 at 11:39 AM
Thanks guys...I just checked the domain Petland.cl (.cl is for Chile) and it was surprisingly not taken...so I did and in the process of registering the brand...I did exist back in the 90´s but the company closed...love the name.
By the way, answering some comments you guys made:
1. Gary: Thanks for your insight, the pet industry in Chile is pretty developed but there are no major players that the consumers can Identify, besides the place where they get their products. There are no major pet store chains in Chile, Petsmart and Petco wise. But I really liked your comment, thanks.
2. Jay: I agree with your remarks, except for TODO PET, Chileans are Spanish speakers, won't make that assimilation of TO DO PET...finally will go with PETLAND.
Thanks to all the rest..loved this forum.
I've had meetings with suppliers and looking for the first shop, but have decided to wait a couple of months to start things of, but have the domain and brand registered already.
BACK TO TOP
Post a Comment
20 Email Marketing Tips to Boost Engagement and Readership
by Julia McCoy
The 10 Best (and Worst) Performing Words in Email Subject Lines
by Ayaz Nanji
2016 Marketing and Advertising Salary Guide
by Ayaz Nanji
Seven Ways to Ensure Fans Don't Miss Your Facebook Page Updates
by Tom Treanor
2016 B2B Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends
by Ann Handley
See more marketing articles »
MarketingProfs uses single
sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google and others to make subscribing and signing in easier for you. That's it, and nothing more! Rest assured that
provide your social data to 3rd parties
contact friends on your network
post messages on your behalf
interact with your social accounts
Your data is secure with