Small business owners are still lukewarm about social media: 53% say they use social media for business, but only 12% say social marketing is a must for their business, according to a survey from Hiscox.
Social media adoption varies by company size, however: 62% of businesses with 50-249 employees use social media for business, compared with 46% of those with 1-9 employees.
Below, other findings from the survey of 304 US business owners.
Among all surveyed US small business owners (1-249 employees) who use social media for business, Facebook is the most popular platform (19%), followed by LinkedIn (15%), and Twitter (4%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Best-Practices for B2B Social Media Influencer Marketing
- LinkedIn Stories Is Almost Here: Will It Reinvent the B2B Social Media Landscape?
- Social Media Staffing: Employee, Agency, or Consultant? The Pros and Cons of Hiring Each.
- How COVID-19 Is Impacting Social Media Ad Rates and Engagement
- Before Implementing an Employee Advocacy Program, Do These Three Things