Brands that conduct Facebook marketing can gain huge benefits by targeting the friends of their Facebook fans, according to a new report by comScore and Facebook, which also found that Facebook users spend 27% of their time browsing homepage newsfeeds.
Below, additional findings from the report, titled "The Power of Like: How Brands Reach and Influence Fans Through Social Media Marketing," by comScore Social Essentials and Facebook.
A Company of Friends
Friends of fans* constitute a large percentage of Facebook's universe. For example, Microsoft Bing's fan base is approximately 1.7 million, but that number pales in comparison with the number of friends of fans in the network: 232 million—more than 130 times the size of its fan base:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Seven Social Media Content Trends for 2020 and Beyond [Infographic]
- Micro-Influencer Trends: Platform, Format, and Compensation Preferences
- Do Consumers Think Instagram Should Hide Likes?
- Social Video in 2020: The Viewpoints of Marketers and Consumers [2 Infographics]
- Ethics and Social Media Influencers: What Consumers Expect