Targeting: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Eight Ways to Reduce Search Ad CPA and Boost ConversionsChandal Nolasco da SilvaPaid search ad campaigns can be the fastest way to generate leads. The challenge, however, is to ensure healthy cost per acquisition (CPA). Here are eight techniques you can use ...
Relationship Marketing and GDPR: Avoiding the Traps of Personalization Data and Targeting TechJohn HernandezIf your data practices are GDPR-compliant, you don't have to worry, right? But marketing technologies and techniques that use consumer data for targeting and personalization can still put you in ...
Five Essential Multichannel Marketing Tactics for 2018Ajit SinghYou can't be in more than one place at a time—but your brand can, and it should. Your customers are on multiple channels at the same time, and marketers need ...
Six Key Questions to Ask Your Retargeting Provider [Infographic]Laura ForerYou're giving money to your retargeting provider, but how do you know it's spending your money wisely? Here are six questions you can ask to make sure you are working ...
What's Coming Up? Online Advertising Trend Predictions for 2018 [Interactive Infographic]Laura ForerMarketers can expect 2018 to be a big year for digital advertising, with continued growth in voice search, video ads, targeting accuracy, and more. Check out four big digital ad ...
Seven Ways to Maximize Social Media This Holiday SeasonPaul HermanMarketers and retailers have a huge opportunity on social media during the holidays. Being prepared for the holiday rush is a huge advantage, but some brands can easily fall behind ...
How to Use Personalization to Shorten the B2B Sales CycleShira AbelIn a world of mass emails and stimulus overload, personalization has become critical to B2B marketing. Buyers are becoming harder to identify and increasingly like consumers: They want personalized outreach ...
Four Facebook Remarketing Ads That Enhance E-Commerce RevenueShane BarkerWith 2 billion monthly active users on Facebook, the question is no longer whether you should advertise on the platform—but how. Here are four types of Facebook retargeting that can ...
The Complete Guide to Snapchat Ad Targeting [Infographic]Laura ForerThe options for Snapchat ad targeting are extensive. This infographic sorts them into an easy-to-read list to help you make your ads effective.
Marketers' Top 5 Challenges and How to Overcome Them [Infographic]Laura ForerIt's no secret that marketers have a lot on their plates. Conflicting priorities and lack of resources can make marketers feel like they aren't accomplishing much. Check out this infographic ...
Targeting: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Addressable Advertising and Why Marketers Love It: Experian's Jay Stocki on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJay Stocki of Experian Marketing Solutions explains addressable advertising—what it is, how it works, and why it's the future of TV advertising.
Your Marketing Superpowers: Targeting and Personalization. Scott Dubois on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneScott Dubois, co-founder of digital agency Pidalia, discusses generational marketing, the power of personalization, qualities to look for in an agency, and more.
How to Turbo-Boost Email Reply Rates by Personalizing at Scale: Adithya Murali on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneInbound marketer Adithya Murali of Techwyse shares his secrets to creating highly personalized, targeted emails at scale that inspire people to reply and act.
What's Old Is New Again... Account-Based Marketing: Nipul Chokshi of Lattice Engines on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneNipul Chokshi of predictive analytics company Lattice Engines explains how account-based marketing can be scaled to work for companies with a large volume of target accounts, and offers advice for implementing ABM.
Customer Data, Your Company's Untapped Goldmine: Kiki Burton of Adobe on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneKiki Burton of Adobe offers offers a map for accessing the goldmine of customer insights your company doesn't even realize it's sitting on, and explains how you can use data management to grow your valuable audience.
Fish With a Spear, Not a Net: Engagio's Jon Miller Talks Account-Based Marketing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJon Milller, co-founder of Marketo and co-founder and CEO of Engagio, explains account-based marketing and how it can improve your marketing results.
The Golden Age of B2B Marketing: Peter Isaacson of Demandbase on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDemandbase Chief Marketing Officer Peter Isaacson discusses the "golden age of B2B marketing," how to measure success, and using account-based marketing to increase revenue.
Uplifting Instagram Marketing: Soffe Apparel's Paul Anderson on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSoffe Apparel's director of marketing, Paul Anderson, explains the research and strategy behind the company's rebranding and its targeted use of social channels such as Instagram to energize audiences.
Fun With Data Science: John Foreman of MailChimp Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMailChimp's chief data scientist explains what "data science" is and how it affects marketing communications, product development, and more. He offers marketing professionals concrete tips for crunching numbers to turn data into insights.
Audiences Are Assets: Author Jeffrey K. Rohrs Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneUsing paid advertising to borrow someone else's audience isn't sustainable. Jeffrey K. Rohrs explains how to build a "push-button audience" that will serve as a renewable energy source for your company.
Targeting: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Facebook Advertising Tactics for the B2B Marketerwith Andrea VahlIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn how Facebook advertising fits into your marketing mix and how you can leverage this platform to best understand the needs of your customers and prospects. You'll walk away with the tools to implement targeted Facebook advertising campaigns that meet your goals and help you optimize future campaigns.
- Case Study: Reframe Your Media Strategy to Identify and Engage New Audienceswith Alyssa Hall, Emily VidettoIn this PRO seminar, we'll explain how GAF Roofing redefined their media and branding strategy to engage a new audience and re-engage their traditional audiences through social, PR, television, video, and more. You'll learn how to tailor your approach to capture the attention of a shifting customer base as well as gain insight on how to update both your messaging and media to increase loyalty and engagement.
- What Matters Next: Doing Business in 2010, with Seth & Guywith Seth Godin, Guy KawasakiTwo of the most prolific and admired marketing minds of our time talk about what should be on your radar for 2010.
- Email Customization: Getting Personal to Deepen Relationships, Generate Additional Sales, and Morewith Regina BradyMost marketers use a “one size fits all" approach to email marketing instead of segmenting their campaigns. There are some simple but effective personalization techniques that can be used to make a mailing feel more targeted to the individual—and earn better ROI.
- Identity Marketing: Using PR to Reach the Minds (and Wallets) of Today's Diverse Consumerswith Gail Z. MartinTraditional PR focuses on reaching mass media with a mass message. That doesn't cut it with today's multicultural consumer. Does your PR have what it takes to compete?
- Telling a Story that Sells: Case Studies with Heartwith Gail Z. MartinCompelling case studies invite prospects to place themselves in the story and imagine the rewards of their own successful outcome. Case studies become a marketer's secret weapon for creating an emotional link with valuable prospects.
- Buyer Personas: A Smart Way to Align B2B Sales and Marketingwith Adele RevellaSmart companies are using buyer personas to prepare for success at every step in the sales process. When sales and marketing can anticipate their buyers' questions, concerns and objections, they can confidently develop training and tools that establish the perfect answer to their buyers' needs.
- Do you really know how to do market segmentation? It's the foundation of a sound marketing plan, and many companies are getting it all wrong. This is our 100th online seminar, and we're celebrating by bringing MarketingProfs founder and CEO Allen Weiss to share all he knows about this important topic. And there's a surprise at the end!
- Today's 18-to-40-year-olds are savvy, sophisticated, and immune to conventional marketing strategies. But the buying habits of this lucrative market can be anticipated—and this seminar will reveal what works. Lisa Johnson, author, consumer expert and CEO of the Reach Group, uses her groundbreaking qualitative research, plus dozens of interviews with maverick thinkers to identify this connected generation’s new rules for engagement.
- How Connected People and Companies Are Winning Big in the Tech-Savvy Consumer Playgroundwith Lisa JohnsonOld business models are collapsing and there’s a new generation of inspired, renegade consumers who are rewriting the rules. Marketing is quickly moving from a push advertising model to one where highly networked customers spread the word about new products and services, and pull in only the information that they find interesting or useful. Want to crack the code of this new market?
Targeting: Tutorials - tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: What's in it for Them? Crafting a Compelling Value PropositionReleased on 10/18/2013 with Corey EastmanIn just 10 minutes you'll learn how to identify who your ideal customer really is, and what your unique value proposition should be in order to achieve product-market fit.
- Take 10: How to Create a Lead Generation Form in MailChimpReleased on 1/13/2012 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, learn how to create a basic lead generation form in MailChimp.
- Take 10: Should You Have a Facebook Group, a Fan Page or Both?Released on 9/3/2010 with Jeff WidmanTo help you decide whether to start a Facebook Group or Page (or both), Jeff Widman efficiently identifies and analyzes the differences between them. He highlights which businesses need a Group, which need a Page, and which ones don't need either.
- Take 10: Everything You Need to Know About LinkedIn GroupsReleased on 7/16/2010 with Jason AlbaLearn the finer points of LinkedIn Groups, find Groups appropriate for you and discover how to share your brand once you are a member.
Targeting: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- B2B Direct Marketing How-To GuideDirect marketing is one of the fastest changing disciplines within marketing today. What worked 10 years ago, isn't working today. Heck, what worked last week sometimes doesn't even work today, so keep your skills sharp with his How-To guide, focusing on the B2B market.
- Benchmark Survey: Marketing to HispanicsLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2006 survey of the ways companies are targeting their marketing efforts, and adjusting their business processes, for the lucrative Spanish-speaking segment. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.
Search by Topic
- Ad Copy
- B2B Marketing
- Blog Comments
- Brand Ambassadors
- Brand Awareness
- Brand Equity
- Brand Loyalty
- Brand Management
- Brand Positioning
- Career Management
- Case Studies
- Channel Marketing
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Consumer Electronics
- Content Marketing
- Content Strategy
- Corporate Blogging
- Creative Briefs
- Customer Acquisition
- Customer Behavior
- Customer Engagement
- Customer Experience
- Customer Loyalty
- Customer Relationships
- Customer Retention
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Theory
- Direct Marketing
- Economic Crisis
- Email Campaigns
- Email Deliverability
- Email Lists
- Email Marketing
- Email Service Providers
- Email Subject Lines
- Green Marketing
- High-Tech Marketing
- Hiring Outside Resources
- Hispanic Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Interactive Marketing
- International Marketing
- Job Search
- Landing Pages
- Lead Generation
- Lead Nurturing
- Lead Quality
- Lead Scoring
- Local Marketing
- Market Research
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing Automation
- Marketing Budgets
- Marketing Challenges
- Marketing Dashboards
- Marketing Inspiration
- Marketing Operations
- Marketing Plans
- Marketing Smarter
- Marketing Smarts
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Tips
- Mobile Marketing
- New Media
- Online Marketing
- Permission Email Marketing
- Personal Branding
- Positioning Statements
- PPC Campaigns
- Press Kits
- Print Collateral
- Product Management
- Three Ways to Use Customer Data to Deliver the Brand Experience ... by Susan Frech
- Four Human Writing Tips That Will Make Search Bots Smile by Linda Emma
- Having One Marketing Writer Can Be Ideal (And What to Do If That ... by Ryan Brock
- Six Ways to Strengthen Your Brand Through Product Packaging by Phil Bagdasarian
- Make Account-Based Marketing Work for You in 2020 by Pieter De Temmerman