Targeting: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Facebook Advertising 101 [Infographic]Laura ForerAre your Facebook ads set up for success? Targeting traffic on the social site can help small businesses generate leads and sales, but it helps to know where to start ...
The End of Behavioral Targeting and the Rise of Account-Based MarketingRay KingmanAs marketing moves toward personalization (a trend made inevitable by mobile), it's clear that behavior isn't the Holy Grail many thought it was. After all, isn't it much more valuable ...
Four Reasons You Should Be Investing in Ads on Vertical Search SitesJeff NavachVertical search sites—focused on shopping (e.g., Amazon), integrated search/discovery (e.g., Kayak), or tailored to high-consideration purchases (e.g., insurance)—are ideal places to advertise you relevant product or service.
How to Reap the Benefits of Your Holiday Marketing All Year Long [Infographic]Vahe HabeshianYou should be preparing now to reap the benefits of your holiday campaign well beyond the New Year.
Six Reasons You Should Embrace Addressable TVNick LockardThe old methods of TV ad targeting and measurement need a serious upgrade. Enter addressable TV. It's the ability to show TV ads at the household level by using analytical ...
Four Steps to Lowering Your PPC CostsItai SadanYou've probably noticed that you (and a lot of other advertisers) have recently been paying more for PPC campaigns than you used to. So how can you pay less, short ...
The Flip Side of Targeted MarketingEvelyn KotlerCustomers often favor personalized marketing approaches that recognize their individuality. However, those techniques can become intrusive and counterproductive when they appear in the wrong place, at the wrong time.
The Three Rs That E-Commerce Marketers Should MasterMaciej ZawadzinskiWe're all familiar with the 3 Rs from elementary school. These days, though, every marketer—especially those working in e-commerce—should have a firm grip on three other essential Rs: retention, retargeting, ...
#SocialSkim: Apple's Social Video App, Facebook's Offers Upgrade, Plus 10 More Stories This WeekChristian NeriApple grabbed headlines with chatter about its impending social video app. Also: Twitter attracts YouTuber-like influencers, Facebook makes a big update to Offers, and Snapchat works on behavioral targeting. Skim ...
10 Tools, Tactics, and Tips to Create Facebook Video Ads That Drive BusinessJulia Jornsay-SilverbergBefore jumping in and spending precious dollars on Facebook video ads, use these tools and tactics to create a powerful paid video campaign.
Targeting: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
What's Old Is New Again... Account-Based Marketing: Nipul Chokshi of Lattice Engines on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneNipul Chokshi of predictive analytics company Lattice Engines explains how account-based marketing can be scaled to work for companies with a large volume of target accounts, and offers advice for implementing ABM.
Customer Data, Your Company's Untapped Goldmine: Kiki Burton of Adobe on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneKiki Burton of Adobe offers offers a map for accessing the goldmine of customer insights your company doesn't even realize it's sitting on, and explains how you can use data management to grow your valuable audience.
Fish With a Spear, Not a Net: Engagio's Jon Miller Talks Account-Based Marketing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJon Milller, co-founder of Marketo and co-founder and CEO of Engagio, explains account-based marketing and how it can improve your marketing results.
The Golden Age of B2B Marketing: Peter Isaacson of Demandbase on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDemandbase Chief Marketing Officer Peter Isaacson discusses the "golden age of B2B marketing," how to measure success, and using account-based marketing to increase revenue.
Uplifting Instagram Marketing: Soffe Apparel's Paul Anderson on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSoffe Apparel's director of marketing, Paul Anderson, explains the research and strategy behind the company's rebranding and its targeted use of social channels such as Instagram to energize audiences.
Fun With Data Science: John Foreman of MailChimp Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMailChimp's chief data scientist explains what "data science" is and how it affects marketing communications, product development, and more. He offers marketing professionals concrete tips for crunching numbers to turn data into insights.
Audiences Are Assets: Author Jeffrey K. Rohrs Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneUsing paid advertising to borrow someone else's audience isn't sustainable. Jeffrey K. Rohrs explains how to build a "push-button audience" that will serve as a renewable energy source for your company.
Marketing Is Habit-Forming: Charles Duhigg Talks About the Power of Habit on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew Grant"During major life changes, our habits are up for grabs," Charles Duhigg says in this week's episode of Marketing Smarts. But when companies gather customer data to shape future buying habits, are they helping customers or helping themselves?
Targeting: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Case Study: Reframe Your Media Strategy to Identify and Engage New AudiencesBroadcast on 7/16/2015 with Alyssa Hall, Emily VidettoIn this PRO seminar, we'll explain how GAF Roofing redefined their media and branding strategy to engage a new audience and re-engage their traditional audiences through social, PR, television, video, and more. You'll learn how to tailor your approach to capture the attention of a shifting customer base as well as gain insight on how to update both your messaging and media to increase loyalty and engagement.
- What Matters Next: Doing Business in 2010, with Seth & GuyBroadcast on 1/7/2010 with Seth Godin, Guy KawasakiTwo of the most prolific and admired marketing minds of our time talk about what should be on your radar for 2010.
- Email Customization: Getting Personal to Deepen Relationships, Generate Additional Sales, and MoreBroadcast on 5/22/2008 with Regina BradyMost marketers use a “one size fits all" approach to email marketing instead of segmenting their campaigns. There are some simple but effective personalization techniques that can be used to make a mailing feel more targeted to the individual—and earn better ROI.
- Identity Marketing: Using PR to Reach the Minds (and Wallets) of Today's Diverse ConsumersBroadcast on 4/24/2008 with Gail Z. MartinTraditional PR focuses on reaching mass media with a mass message. That doesn't cut it with today's multicultural consumer. Does your PR have what it takes to compete?
- Telling a Story that Sells: Case Studies with HeartBroadcast on 2/14/2008 with Gail Z. MartinCompelling case studies invite prospects to place themselves in the story and imagine the rewards of their own successful outcome. Case studies become a marketer's secret weapon for creating an emotional link with valuable prospects.
- Buyer Personas: A Smart Way to Align B2B Sales and MarketingBroadcast on 1/17/2008 with Adele RevellaSmart companies are using buyer personas to prepare for success at every step in the sales process. When sales and marketing can anticipate their buyers' questions, concerns and objections, they can confidently develop training and tools that establish the perfect answer to their buyers' needs.
- Tighten Up Your Marketing Plan: The Nuts and Bolts of Market SegmentationBroadcast on 8/2/2007 with Allen WeissDo you really know how to do market segmentation? It's the foundation of a sound marketing plan, and many companies are getting it all wrong. This is our 100th online seminar, and we're celebrating by bringing MarketingProfs founder and CEO Allen Weiss to share all he knows about this important topic. And there's a surprise at the end!
- Ten Cravings of Generation X and Y: Satisfying This Young and Lucrative MarketBroadcast on 7/26/2007 with Lisa JohnsonToday's 18-to-40-year-olds are savvy, sophisticated, and immune to conventional marketing strategies. But the buying habits of this lucrative market can be anticipated—and this seminar will reveal what works. Lisa Johnson, author, consumer expert and CEO of the Reach Group, uses her groundbreaking qualitative research, plus dozens of interviews with maverick thinkers to identify this connected generation’s new rules for engagement.
- How Connected People and Companies Are Winning Big in the Tech-Savvy Consumer PlaygroundBroadcast on 7/25/2007 with Lisa JohnsonOld business models are collapsing and there’s a new generation of inspired, renegade consumers who are rewriting the rules. Marketing is quickly moving from a push advertising model to one where highly networked customers spread the word about new products and services, and pull in only the information that they find interesting or useful. Want to crack the code of this new market?
- Segmenting the Hispanic Market: What the Numbers Really MeanBroadcast on 7/12/2007 with Blaire BorthayreThe Hispanic population has become a powerful economic force in the United States. These 43 million consumers now command enough buying power to make companies sit up and pay attention. But in this booming market, it's easy to be misled by the varied demographic information (and the lack of a conceptual framework) available to marketers.We will bring statistics to life in this online seminar, showing you how to pull together data that's relevant to your marketing goals.
Targeting: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: What's in it for Them? Crafting a Compelling Value PropositionReleased on 10/18/2013 with Corey EastmanIn just 10 minutes you'll learn how to identify who your ideal customer really is, and what your unique value proposition should be in order to achieve product-market fit.
- Take 10: How to Create a Lead Generation Form in MailChimpReleased on 1/13/2012 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, learn how to create a basic lead generation form in MailChimp.
- Take 10: Should You Have a Facebook Group, a Fan Page or Both?Released on 9/3/2010 with Jeff WidmanTo help you decide whether to start a Facebook Group or Page (or both), Jeff Widman efficiently identifies and analyzes the differences between them. He highlights which businesses need a Group, which need a Page, and which ones don't need either.
- Take 10: Everything You Need to Know About LinkedIn GroupsReleased on 7/16/2010 with Jason AlbaLearn the finer points of LinkedIn Groups, find Groups appropriate for you and discover how to share your brand once you are a member.
Targeting: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- B2B Direct Marketing How-To GuideDirect marketing is one of the fastest changing disciplines within marketing today. What worked 10 years ago, isn't working today. Heck, what worked last week sometimes doesn't even work today, so keep your skills sharp with his How-To guide, focusing on the B2B market.
- Benchmark Survey: Marketing to HispanicsLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2006 survey of the ways companies are targeting their marketing efforts, and adjusting their business processes, for the lucrative Spanish-speaking segment. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.