Visits to the invitation-only social networking site Pinterest skyrocketed in the second half of 2011, reaching 11.0 million as of December 17, up nearly 40 times the level recorded six months earlier, according to data from Experian Hitwise.
As the name suggests, Pinterest is an online pin board that allows you to "organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the Web," according to the company. Such things include images of food, home décor, clothing, and furniture, which users "pin" onto their pages.
The site was recently added to the Top 10 in Hitwise's Social Networking & Forums category.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Rate Card: How Much Social Influencers Charge Brands
- How Twitter's Algorithm Works (And How to Make It Work for You) [infographic]
- The Online Platforms With the Greatest Amount of Offensive Content [Infographic]
- The Top Influencers on Pinterest [Infographic]
- Social Media Image Sizes in 2019 [Infographic]