Visits to the invitation-only social networking site Pinterest skyrocketed in the second half of 2011, reaching 11.0 million as of December 17, up nearly 40 times the level recorded six months earlier, according to data from Experian Hitwise.
As the name suggests, Pinterest is an online pin board that allows you to "organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the Web," according to the company. Such things include images of food, home décor, clothing, and furniture, which users "pin" onto their pages.
The site was recently added to the Top 10 in Hitwise's Social Networking & Forums category.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- A Timeline of Select Social Media Platforms [Infographic]
- How Effective Is Your Brand on Social Media? Here's How You Can Measure That.
- How to Plan Your Social Media Marketing: Four Tools for Approvals, Workflow, and Collaboration
- 21 Instagram Stats Every E-Commerce Brand Should Know [Infographic]
- Five Things Micro-Influencers Want Brands to Understand in 2019